6 : truth

"Hey, Mr and Mrs Clifford," Luke grinned. "Is Michael here?"

The two glanced at each other, silently agreeing to let him in. They would trap him. That's what they would do.

Luke smelled vervain when the door closed behind him. It didn't affect him, of course, but it was odd that he smelled it in Michael's house. Luke shook it off, heading to the stairs. But before he could even make it to the first step, he felt something stab him on his upper back. Luke reached back and pulled out a wooden stake. He turned to see Mrs. Clifford holding stakes and Mr. Clifford holding a syringe of what Luke assumed to be vervain.

"Mrs. Clifford, I-"

"DIE SATAN SPAWN!" Mrs. Clifford threw another stake, which Luke evaded easily.

"I'm not going to hurt-"

"STOP TALKING, DEMON!"

"MRS. CLIFFORD!" Luke yelled. It got quiet. "I have no desire to hurt anyone in this house, okay? I'd just like to know how you found out."

"Found out what?" Michael stood at the top of the stairs. "Whoa, Luke, are you bleeding?"

Luke turned to see a very confused Michael. "Hey, Mikey-"

"GET AWAY FROM HIM, DEMON!" Mrs. Clifford charged at Luke, pinning him against the wall.

"Mrs Clifford, could you please put the stake down?" Luke had to use compulsion on her. She needed to calm down. "Put the stake down and find your chill. It seems that you've lost it."

But even after she let go she kept throwing things.

"Vervain," Luke mumbled. Of course they would be on vervain. Luke wouldn't be able to use compulsion on them.

"Mom! What the hell are you doing?!" Michael rushed to stand in front of Luke, pushing his mom away. "You just stabbed my best friend!"

"He isn't your best friend, Michael," his dad would chime in. "He's a demon."

"AND HE WON'T DIE," Michael's mom charged at Luke, pushing Michael out of the way and stabbing Luke straight in the heart.

"LUKE!" Michael wailed, his hand going to his mouth. This can't be happening, this can't be happening.

"Great aim," Luke looked down at the stake in his chest. "You would've killed me if it wasn't for one very important detail."

Michael's mom backed away and watched as Luke pulled out the stake. Michael just froze.

"I'm a Born."

"W-whats that?" Mrs. Clifford backed away to join her husband.

Luke dare not look at Michael. He didn't want to see his reaction to all of this.

"I wasn't turned, or infected," Luke sighed, knowing that this was going to change everything. "I was born a vampire."