15 : hunter

"I have a theory," Michael was saying as both he and Luke walked the halls of their high school.

"And what is that?" Luke would ask, their arms swinging as they held hands. They fit perfectly together. It was like they were meant to be.

Luke liked having Michael closer to him. He felt like he could protect him.

"Okay so now that we're a thing, everyone in this school is going to flip, right?" Michael started. "So, if holding hands makes them flip, what would make them explode?"

"Are you hinting that you want to kiss me again?" Luke lowered his voice. "I'd like to see these people explode, really, but you remember what happened the last time?"

Michael paused for a second, only to come right back with an excuse.

"But you were blood-deprived then," he wiggled his eyebrows. "Now you're ready to go, right?"

Luke took Michael's arm and dragged him to a secluded hallway where barely anyone ever went down. The math hallway obviously.

"First off, you need to be a little quieter when talking about me being a vampire," Luke whispered. "And secondly, why does it need to be PDA? Why can't we just kiss right here?"

"I mean, I'm not arguing," Michael then realized that Luke had gotten him to where his back was pressed against the wall, and Luke's hands were leaning on either side of Michael. "Damn, you're so, ugh."

Luke slowly leaned in, finally connecting their lips to form perfect motion between the two of them, like waves hitting the sand. Luke lifted his left hand from the wall, using it to softly touch Michael's cheek.

And everything was right in the world until Luke felt an excruciating pain spread throughout every nerve in his body.

He fell to the floor, his head crashing into the tile. He could feel his skull crack. His vision was getting blurry; the pain was too much. He was going to pass out...

"Mikey..." Luke managed to croak before his vision went black and the pain went away.

•••

The shattering of glass woke him up.

He was in a bright room, which made it a little difficult for his eyes to adjust. He could feel himself on a metal bed of some sort, and he could feel his body as it weakened. Something was wrong. He was supposed to be invincible.

"Mikey..." Luke coughed, a dry feeling in his throat.

It feels like I haven't fed for days.

"You probably feel like shit," a male voice came from behind Luke. "That's expected. That new chemical balance works wonders on vampires like you."

"What...where's Michael?" Luke didn't care what was wrong with him. He just wanted to know that Michael was okay.

"You mean your little fuckbuddy? Oh he's fine. Just confused, that's all."

"What do you mean, confused?" Luke sneered.

"You've been here for a week, so, I can assume he's probably worried about you," the guy then came over to the side of the metal bed, where Luke could see him.

"You're that kid from the other day," Luke tried to move but he was restrained. And in his weak state he couldn't do much. "The one from school."

"Yeah, obviously I was listening to your conversation," He'd smirk. "By the way, I'm Calum."