8 : restraint

The familiar sight of Michael's room calmed Luke down, if only just a little bit. Band posters covered the wall like wallpaper, the floor still not visible through the mess of clothes and other unknown items scattering the floor. Michael was known for not making his bed, so Luke wasn't surprised when he noticed the covers hanging on the edge of the mattress, ready to fall off.

"So," Michael stood awkwardly in the middle of his room, not knowing what to say to Luke. He had just found out that his best friend was a vampire. How was he supposed to act?

Luke had closed the door behind him, which then made him realize something.

He hadn't had blood since yesterday.

He hadn't had time to do anything after the hunters ransacked his apartment. Luke had thought about drinking the dead guy's blood, but the last time he drank from the vein he wasn't sane until a century later.

Michael's blood smells so rich.

Luke shook his head, trying to shake the feeling that he was about to do something he would regret. Maybe if he opened the door it would air out the room. Maybe if he spayed some Febreeze on Michael he wouldn't smell him.

"Luke, are you okay?" Michael was closer now, Luke realized. He must've moved when Luke was zoned out. He tried to back away, but the wall behind him blocked him from going any further.

"I-I need you to back away for a second, Mikey," Luke tried to ignore the side of him that was telling him to have just one taste, but he couldn't. There was something about Michael that seemed different. It was like Luke couldn't resist him. "Like, now."

"Why? What's wrong?" Michael backed up a few steps, but was still close to his best friend. He wanted to help.

"I haven't had any blood yet today," Luke scooted across the wall, forcing himself to stay back. He never wanted to hurt Michael. Ever. "I should leave. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

Before Luke could turn the handle, Michael grabbed Luke's arm, spinning him around to meet Michael's face inches from his.

Michael closed the gap with his lips.

lol cliffhanger soz ok so school gross i hate it i hate it i hate it