18 : demons

"So you felt like you had no control over yourself?" Q quizzed, scratching his head as he looked through one of his many ancient books.

"From what I can remember," Luke looked down at his cross crossed legs. "I blacked out for a few seconds. The last time that happened I was..."

"You don't have to say it," Q gave Luke a look of sympathy. He knew that Luke had no desire to look back at his past. It wasn't pleasant. "Okay, I think I've found something."

"What is it?" Luke scooted next to Q. His hopeful feeling faded once he saw the picture Q was pointing to. "What the hell is that? Are those horns?"

"This is old English, so I can't make out the exact name," Q squinted and poked his tongue out as he usually did when he was concentrating. "But from what I can read, it's some sort of demon-like creature that influences people to do bad things. Except it can learn how to not do that."

Every time he said 'it' Luke wanted to hurl. Because he was possibly talking about Mikey. His Mikey.

"Okay, then, what about if it doesn't know what it is?" Luke asked, not liking saying 'it' either, but knowing he had to.

"Hm..." Q scanned the words for a flare moment before speaking again. "It says here that around the demon's 18th birthday, the, er, horns start to..."

"Horns?"

"Yeah," Q laughed nervously. "Call Daniel Radcliffe."

"Not fucking funny, Q."

"Right." He cleared his throat. "Does Michael have a birthday coming up anytime soon?"

"...Yes."

"How old is he turning?"

Luke didn't answer aloud, but Q knew his answer.

18

hey guys how do u like them apples lol