31: family reunion

Luke couldn't help it. His mouth would fall open. A daughter? He had a daughter?

"Then why are you trying to kill me? I'm sure Erin wouldn't -"

"She's dead, Luke," Sloane stood up abruptly and started pacing. "One of your little vampire enemies murdered her, thinking she knew something about your whereabouts. But no, you cut her off. Shortly after that last anniversary."

"I-I didn't know she was pregnant - I swear if I had any idea -"

"Save it." Sloane held a finger up to shush Luke. She looked around, listening intently for something. "I thought I heard someone talking."

Luke listened hard for anything strange, and he did hear people talking in the room across the hall. How had Sloane heard that?

"Yeah, I have some of the senses, but I don't drink blood," Sloane would roll her eyes. "And before you ask, yes. I can read your mind. Can you make out what the people are saying?"

Luke listened harder. His eyes widened. "They're talking about werewolves. Something about hunting down the few in the town this full moon."

"Strange, I didn't know any other hunters were in the area..."

Luke began to feel a little better, the vervain not hurting just as much as before. "Where's Michael?"

"You really do care about that demon, don't you?"

"He's more than that," Luke glared. "He's a fucking cupcake. And he's my cupcake."