9 : Sketching a Party

"Did you find something?" Almond saw Walnut coming back.

"Yes sir, here." Walnut reached in from her pocket and dropped the strawberry slice in his hand.

"How did this come off a cake hound?"

"I have no idea Mr. Almond. But Raspberry will be taking the rest of the work from now on."

Almond kept the strawberry ear and wrote down some notes. He went outside and left Walnut in the castle without saying anything. Princess comes back from her room and sees Knight and Walnut together.

"Hey guys, my grandma told me that her birthday's in a week so I was thinking we could plan right now! Knight, pens and paper please."

"Yes your Highness." He gets pens and paper from the nearby shelf.

"Oki-doki. I was imagining it would be some kind of dance party. Those royal dance parties in those movies and novels I've read." Princess jotted down her ideas.

Walnut drew how the main ballroom would look like. She sketched flower pots wrapped with ribbons on their pots and a table for all the gifts and food. Walnut thought this was gonna be those ordinary birthday parties Cream Puff and she had. 

Princess looked at her sketch. "Wow! That's some details! That's it, the main ballroom will look like that. Knight, bring the ribbons and some crackers. We're gonna go to business!"

"Right away your Highness. I'll be there in a bit." He headed to the kitchen.

"While he's busy, let's go to the ballroom." Princess got Walnut's hand and led her to the room.

Everything was serene, the floor looked too shiny that Walnut almost fell. Princess came to her with a rolled up carpet in her arms and placed it on the ground.

"We can work here." She unrolled it and fixed it in front of Walnut.

"Perfect. Now we can plan...where's Knight though?"

"He's on his way. Oh over there! Knight!" Princess waved her hand.

"I got your pens and paper Your Highness." Knight bowed.

Princess and Walnut took the materials. "Thank you so much."

Walnut thought something was missing. "Where's the snacks?"

"Right about that...some of the food was snatched too."

"Oh I'm going to kill those Cake Hounds!" Princess threw a tantrum.

"I'll try to find something else for you two to eat. My apologies."

As Knight left, the Princess did the positioning of the furniture while Walnut did the sketching of the room. When Princess placed down the flower pots, some banging noise starting acting up from downstairs.

"What's with the banging sounds?" Walnut stopped drawing.

"I don't know, let's check it out."