11 : Speechless

Walnut stopped by the office to see if Almond wanted help. She pushed the door open and everything was dark inside.

Room lights weren't closed from the next floor, maybe someone's in there? Is someone robbing the files?

Sir never told me he had a guest over...could it be Latte? I guess he's working on something upstairs, but this late?

She marched towards the room, seeing Almond combing his hair and looking at the mirror. He noticed her at the doorway of the bathroom.

"Ah you're back. I prepared the bath for you, luckily it's still warm...I can leave the room for your privacy."

"Yeah that would be great. Thanks sir." She hugged him tightly.

He smiled lightly. "Okay you better hurry, it's getting late."

Walnut went to her room afterwards, Almond was sitting on her bed holding a book and watched Walnut open the door.

"Why are you holding a story book?" asked Walnut.

"It's been a long time since I read you a story. I wanted to do that right now since my night's free. Now come on!"

He carried her and she started laughing. Her smile was bright that it made Almond feel all warm inside. They both laughed until he put her down on the bed. Walnut's face changed when she laid on her pillow.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Yeah but, I wanted to ask you a question."

"Sure go ahead..."

"Any chance you like...Latte?"

He paused. Walnut thought she killed him from the inside. His face looked like the face from the castle when he seen the incident.

"Sir? You good?"

"Y-yes, sorry. I'll answer that question soon but not at this moment."

Almond left the room without telling the story. Walnut was going to remind him to tell it but he already shut the door. What's up with him?