17 : Almina the Almond

"What are you going to give to Walnut?" Latte wondered.

"Almina."

"What in the world is an Almina...?"

"It's not what, it's who."

"Oh it's a cookie now."

"It's not a cookie. It's a plush."

Latte gasped in amusement. "You have a plushie?!"

"Yeah I do." His face turned red.

"I didn't know you had a plushie. I thought you were those types to never buy one."

"Guess you're the first one to know at the moment."

Almond unlocked his storage chest with his key, revealing an almond plush with a cute face on it. Latte couldn't help but stand in awe. Almond held it in his hands and gave it to her for a better look. 

"It's so adorable! How long have you had this?" She cuddled it tightly.

"Since when I was a lad, I never brought it out when I got my job."

"So you acted all tough and yeah..."

"Should I add a bow to it?"

"Yeah, would make it more presentable." 

They wrapped a bow around the plush, then Latte started to cry. She was getting some tears on the plush and her gloves.

"Professor?! You alright?"

"Yeah it's just," She wiped her eyes. "I can't believe you're gonna give this away. After all this time, you've been hiding this from the world."

"Sometimes you have to let things go. It's not easy, but you have to do it. Whether it hurts or not." He wrapped his hands around her for a hug to make her feel better.

"Okay okay I feel great now. I appreciate your kindness, Detective."