18 : The Start of the Party

Days past by like hours, every Cookie in the kingdom was excited and preparing for Hollyberry's birthday. Cookies even arrived early to see the marvel of the castle's decorations. Knight tried his best to maintain every single thing in order, even though the Princess didn't tell him to. Raspberry commanded the guards to watch the castle for any Cookie of Darkness that decides to enter the party. Princess and Avocado placed the last decorations for the birthday party.

"Welp! That's the last of 'em!" Avocado went down the ladder step by step.

"Yup, my thanks for helping me out with the last details."

"Nah it was nothing! I'll start preparing for the party, see ya there Your Highness."

"Knight, please escort Avocado out of the castle."

"As you wish, Princess."

Princess sees Raspberry walk in her room, waving at her.

"Hello Princess, Hollyberry told me to help you with styling your hair."

"That would be nice. I'll go get dressed first."

Meanwhile with the other Cookies, Espresso and Madeleine seemed to join along with the crowd. Espresso's mostly the one being dragged around while Madeleine talks to various Cookies.

"How many left 'till we can have our alone time?" Espresso couldn't handle the chatter anymore.

"It will only be a bit left, don't worry!"

"Yeah, sure. I hear you say that everytime but still wouldn't stop."

"Alright, alright, one more talk." Madeleine kissed his forehead and went on with the next Cookie.

Walnut and Cream Puff finished wearing their dresses and stepped in the castle. Some Cookies were dancing in that corner, some were eating pastries, and majority were talking.

"Where should we do first while waiting for Mr. Almond and Latte?" Walnut said while she grabbed a croissant.

"Latte told me that we gotta help her with her outfit."

"How come?"

"I have no idea, but guess we find out once she tells us."

Espresso saw Walnut and Cream Puff walking around and thought it would be  nice to talk to them. He went to them while Madeleine was talking to Angel.

"Greetings you two." Espresso bowed his head.

"Espresso! Is Madeleine with you?" Cream Puff smiled warmly at him.

"Yes but he's busy." He sighed.

"Then let's find Professor Latte if she's here already."

"Fine with me, I don't think he'll mind if I leave him by himself for a moment."

They searched the outside of the castle since Latte told Cream Puff that she would be arriving after 12 minutes. Walnut spotted Latte from afar using her binoculars.

"Cookie ahead!"

"Latte's here!" Cream Puff ran to her.

Her dress had different layers and different shades of brown. Her hair was tied up in a half-moon, and laced cuffs in her wrists. Overall, she looked dazzling.

"Professor! You look stunning!" Cream Puff complimented.

"Aw thank you, it was Mont Blanc who helped." She made eye contact with Espresso. "Espresso, I didn't know you're here."

"What do you expect? Madeleine."

"Right...why don't we all go in? Almond's gonna be here any minute now."