he will never love you

Rafe tapped his foot on the hard surface of the concrete roof top. He had arrived at the lowly prison not long ago, cringing at the sad state it was in. He was there solely for the Weasel, hoping to further break his mental state. His ex friend decided to cut ties with the theif after a fight about Billy, and Rafe hated him for that. He couldn't seem to find Albert or anyone else at the prison, so he sat on the roof to think of what to do.

~

"You can't just keep suddenly liking every fucking man I'm interested in!" Albert yelled. "Every time I show any sort of interest in someone you suddenly want him too!"

"Maybe you shouldn't like people then, Al. You aughta know ain't no one love you anyway." His pale blue eyes remained calm, through his clear rage in body language there was almost a façade of him not caring. A strand of his brown hair fell into his eyes, and he ran his fingers through it to slick it back into place.

"Well fuck you, because if you were so loved you'd have lost your virginity by now!" Albert shot back.

"Who the hell said I was virgin?" Rafe cocked a brow, looking at the smaller male with a very condescending expression.

"The lack of screams coming from your room. Unless your just that fuckin' tiny." Weasel sneered, clearly proud of his comeback. That smirk faded away with a quick backhand that knocked him to the ground.

"Fuckin' prick." Rafe spat.

"Fuck you, Rafe." And with that Albert stormed out of the house, refusing to speak another word to the snobby man he once called his partner in crime.

~

Albert's voice could be heard echoing from down the stairs. He must be in the infirmary I passed. Rafe thought. But who the hell is he talking to?

-

"-so if we can find all the parts we can still build the plane!" Albert finished, tapping his sketchbook with his finger.

"If it doesn't work, Weasel, you ain't gonna like what happens." Sal replied.

"It'll work!"

"Who the fuck?" Finn mumbled, turning to look at one of the doorways. There stood a well built man with brown slicked back hair and pale blue eyes with a slight hint of insanity, much like Billy's.

"Oh. Hi Rafe." Albert muttered, sounding very displeased.

"What's the matter, Al, I thought we were friends?" Rafe smirked at his own backhanded comment.

"We were until you started acting up." Albert walked out of the room, choosing to simply ignore the man. He couldn't care less how he got to the prison, much less why he was there.

"The fuck did you do to 'em?" Billy asked, looking slightly concerned as Albert's footsteps slowly faded into the distance.

"Nothin', he's just jealous." Rafe replied.

"Ain't nothing to be jealous of, Rafe. You shot your shot and failed miserably." Billy also left the room, looking very disinterested. Rafe just rolled his eyes and introduced himself to the two remaining mobsters.

-

Rafe stood on the roof, having been avoided by both Billy and Albert all day. He simply admired the moonlight, deciding he would go find Albert later on. But he didnt have to, because the little arsonist found him.

"What the fuck are you even doing here?" Arlington said from behind him. His voice was filled with venom.

Rafe turned, leaning back and resting his forearms against the roof edge. "Came to visit you, of course~"

"Bullshit."

Rafe's smirk dropped. "Listen. I may not have Billy, but neither do you. That fucker doesn't feel anything. Give up."

"You can try to tear me down all you want to." Albert replied coolly. "I still know you all too well. You're in love with him too, aren't you? You're really gonna stand there and tell me that doesn't bother you?"

Rafe was silent, completely emotionless as he stared into Albert's soul. "... of course it does." He finally said. His voice was low. "But the difference is, I know not to pursue him. He doesn't love you either, and if he ever had any sort of relationship with you, you would only be a toy. He doesn't. Feel. Get over it. He will never fucking love you."

"He smiled at me. Has he ever smiled at you, Rafe?" Albert retorted, remaining stoic and calm. "What a sad life you live, hunting treasures and fighting for a man who doesn't want you. You ended a friendship over a man with no feelings. What does that say about you?"

"You are infatuated with him! You're in love with a psychopathic serial killer! And you think him smiling at you means anything?" Rafe laughed. "You're dumber than you look."

"No, Rafe. I think him smiling means he's getting better. Baby steps. It doesn't need to mean anything more than improvement." Albert walked away, back down the infirmary stairs before the younger male could get another word in.

Rafe turned, punching the roof edge. His words did not cut Albert like he wanted them to.

-

The next morning, Rafe looked in a bad mood. He glared at the con-man as he passed him in the cafeteria, blue eyes dripping with a silent warning not to mess with him. Albert, of course, had told Billy about their encounter last night, and the hitman laughed to himself as he thought of something.

Billy stopped the arsonist in the hallway when Sal and Finn weren't near, striking up a conversation. He had a slight smile on his face, one that held just a little hint of malice. Rafe rounded the corner, fixing the collar of his black leather jacket as he went.

"Oh by the way!" Billy said loudly. "Al~ I was wondering if you wanted to grab a perk later and meet on the roof?" Albert searched his eyes for a moment, noticing both the malice and the sincerity. He nodded, smiling.

"Sure!" He seemed to know what Billy was doing, yet the look in the hitmans eyes made it clear Billy really did want to meet for other reasons.

-

Weasel walked up the stairs, unopened bottle of electric cherry in his hand. Billy was already up there, laying down on the runway ramp. Al lay to the left of the well built man, opening his bottle as he settled in. "What'd you wanna talk about?"

Billy didn't answer right away, just smiled as he turned his head and kissed the Weasel on the cheek. "Nothin' much." Albert blushed, giggling as he gave a soft peck in return.

Rafe stood in the shadows of the doorway, glaring angrily.

A/N
I know Rafe is from Uncharted 4, but I had a dream last night where Rafe was fighting with Albert over Billy and I like
Died inside-