Chapter 06 - Birthday Party

Kai POV

Tonight I will celebrate my birthday with pack members. The party was so grand because my father will announce me as the Alpha once I complete my mating ritual. If my mate doesn't appear tonight, I will officially start mate hunting by tomorrow.

I feel quite nervous to know who will be my mate. I hope that the Moon Goddess will grants wish. I pray, Trisha will welcome to be my official Luna. However, in one of my corner of my heart arise uneasy feeling.

I don't know what it means to be, so I decide to discard that uneasy feeling. My testosterone hormone starts boiled hard. Mate... mate... mate... my wolf whisper in excited.

The party time...

My dad the Alpha and mum the Luna wears the matching clothes. As the one of powerful pack and wealthy business tycoon, my family gets the most world attention. To human we just another wealthy, but for werewolves society we are one of top powerful pack in the world. Tonight party is an official for pack member and some business related people.

I saw my beta family. Strange, Trisha still not here. Maybe she is still nervous. Silly little girl. Rick shoves his arms beside my left side me, I turn and saw Trisha come in our direction. Every guest's eye took a glance toward her. Make my heart on fire.

She wears a red beading strapless gown, without sleeveless, a silver 5" high heel and some jewellers across her bare skin. She is a lady of the lady, despite her sixteen year old. Her frame body gesture like top model catwalk. She sets a mature make up to appear as an adult. I offer myself to be her tonight prince. I introduce her to our business collaboration and other pack powerful ranks.

We pranks, jokes around, and dancing. When the clock ticks 00:00, everyone starts sing birthday song in unison. My wolf purr, but something feels off. I can't smell my mate even Trisha just beside me. That means she isn't my mate. Oh Moon Goddess why you haven't granted my only prayer? I cut the cake, but lose interest in the party. The party ended around 3:00 a.m.

"Did you smell your mate?" Rick asks right after the party ended.

"Sorry Trisha, Rick my mate not here..." I looked at them with a guilty feeling.

"How come?" Trisha said unbelief tone.

I know she barely can contain her feeling after I blow the candles a few hours before. Now she let her tear breaks. Her mum and my mum hug to calm her feeling.

"I don't want to attend tomorrow school party and prom night. I feel humiliated." She said with sobbed crying.

"Fuck!" that all words I can say.

"Watch your language son. Your mate will come around." My dad scolded me sternly.

The school birthday party....

As Trisha said, she didn't come to school the day after. She is still sulking with my fate. The school makes a big party because beside me there are three more people who share the birthday. Two an Alpha sons, one noble vampire, and one hybrid son. Human still were clueless as ever. Unfortunately, I still can't find my mate.

I stroll around school and town, but never felt any pull to anyone. My mate still hiding, but I need her presence to assume my Alpha title from my dad. I can't be a mate less Alpha. It disgraces and my pack member will undermine me.

I go to my Beta home. I ask permission to meet Trisha. They hesitate to let us meet, but I give them a promise to back off if Trisha doesn't want to meet me.

I knock the door and call her name soft, hope she will open the door. I hear her weak step and the door open. The tears flood down upon her gaze on me.

"We need to talk hun." I said.

"For what? It's over." Her answer, sobbing.

After that, the silent takes over the surrounding. The only sound is her sobbing, crying. I take her into my chest and try to pacify her. Slowly rock her weak body.

I invited Trisha to be my partner for tonight Prom party, but she declined even I said my mate not around school. Her bright dark green eyes lost its beauty shine of her sorrow. Rick just shrugged his shoulder when Trisha flat downs my invitation.