28. Steps

I have seen the place which was mentioned in the mail and it's an unfinished building located in an isolated area. You will be dropped near the destination and-

"No!"

He looked at me and smiled and cleared his throat.

"Celestial, I'm not finished yet"

"Dot, I finished it and you will not be dropping me. I'll take a taxi and go and that's it"

I turned my face away but I looked at him from the corner of my eye and he smirked.

Heh!? Why is he smiling? What is he thinking? Is he planning something? Ughhhhhhh he is so damn hard to read!

He got up and opened the door to leave.

Something in me was not pleased that today he wouldn't be sleeping in this room and the unexpected words fell out of my mouth.

He stopped after hearing me speak.

"Won't you say something?" I asked him to want him to say something.

"I'm not going to leave you, I will be back in a few minutes" he said and closed the door behind him.

I could literally sense his smirk, those words touched my nerves!!!

"I don't care if you leave or stay" I screamed.

After a few minutes he came inside with a box.

Curiosity rose in me and I knew very well that the box was for me and I was just looking at the box, he obviously observed my curiosity and looked at me.

I saw him and turned my head and I very well know that now he is smiling.

He sat infront of me and I was still avoiding him.

"Wouldn't you like to know what it is?"

Yes! yes! yes!

And obviously which came out of my mouth was "I don't care"

"Just open it Celestial"

As I was very curious myself, I opened the box and there were...

SHOES

Shoes?

"These are for a little workout which will start tomorrow morning"

"Workout? Why?"

"Think of it like a recovery workout, if you want to walk there by yourself, I want you to be stable"

"Um, okay"

When I looked at the box for the first time, I would never have thought that this could be a shoe box too, I mean I've never seen such kind of a shoe box.

It looks like two ovals joined together and each oval had one shoe.

"Nice box"

He chuckled.

"What?" I asked in confusion

"Don't you like the shoes?"

"Um..."

I took out the shoes and it looked very pretty.

The shoes were black and it had tiny doodles of universe consisting of planets and stars and moons and galaxies.

"These are really pretty, thank you"

I looked at him and he smiled in response and I could clearly see him being glad that I liked it and his happiness didn't favor my mind obviously so my tongue couldn't wait to ruin this positive moment.