1. Past to Present

'Change' was all I ever expected in everyone and myself.

From change like a star is no more or formation of a new star in whole galaxy of stars will most probably be regarded as a tiny change when we look but after realising that it was the distance which made the star look small will be our fault somewhere to not feel properly as sometimes eyes and ears can make mistakes but 'feel', feel can be mistaken when we won't feel it and so wait till it should be felt.

Celestial
cell-es-chul

It's been a month since I shifted to Germany to stay with mom after finishing highschool in Newyork.

Yeah! I know, why would someone leave a place like Newyork and shift to Germany literally after highschool.

But it felt good and peaceful after leaving uncle and aunt's place to stay with my mom and I did that because I was desperate for love, which can be felt from someone who has a special place for you in their heart.

And I longed to feel the special place in my mom's heart as I was tired of being considered as not the first choice, staying away from my mom. Although I was taken good care in my uncle and aunt's place but somewhere in a corner of my heart there was an unknown emptiness which was needed to be filled.

Then the moment arrived when I felt like a daughter while talking to my mom, who now changed after being far away from me for four years. I felt the warmth in her actions and was very happy that finally mom changed.

Mom and Oliver live seperately due to work and thought it was a right choice after three years of their remarriage, finding new opportunities in different places and didn't hesitate to move.

I didn't try to interfere in their decisions as I was busy hating her from outside and feeling 'why did you leave me' inside for four years.

But after feeling that mom changed, I didn't hesitate to move to Germany to stay with mom.

There were many opportunities available for the people who know German so I considered dropping an year and learning German for an year and applying to a university.

So I joined in German class and thank god I met someone of my age.

Liza, she joined class to get a free seat in university and have less trouble. She is a headache which I don't regret. She happened to be my great friend and a support.

Liza was the reason I got a job in a cafe as she was already working there, so she suggested me and thank god that now I have some money and I'm not completely dependent on mom for small things.

Chadwick, I met him in cafe through Liza and became good friends soon, it was easy to talk to him as he knew few languages including English.

Chad is a junior pastry chef and mostly stays in kitchen while me and Liza are mostly out of kitchen, serving and cleaning at the end.

Liza and I completed today's class and we were on our way to cafe.

"What do you think, who was he staring at?" Liza suddenly asked.

"Who, he?"

"Hello! Don't act like you didn't see or don't know."

"Seriously! Liz, who are you talking about."

"Ugh, the tall guy in formals with honey brown hair, who was constantly staring at you."

"Aha, then why did you ask who was he ....." Just when I was about to finish my sentence she cut me off.

"or me, staring at you or me", Liza said.

"He was staring at you Liza... Why would he stare at some 5ft short school going look alike over someone who can be mistook as a model. And FYI he's married, I guess."

I actually meant what I said, I was shocked when Liza, who looked like a model came to me and started talking genuinely in class. I was mostly afraid of tall girls who have sense of great fashion, due to highschool where mostly they keep bugging someone shorter than them or someone who minds their own buisness and rarely opens their mouth atleast when it should be spoken for defense.... Basically like me.

"Ah! Modelling needs money, I too want to be like those girls who post pictures wearing damn dresses but I can't afford so much and... Really? Is he really married?"

"Puh-lease.... You have thousands of followers in instagram and the way you dress needs minds", I said.

Although Liza occasionally buys something expensive she turns her normal outfits doing DIY and does many miss-match criss-cross into something beautiful.

"Well, hard work pays off but if I owned something near to a half of quarter of Sucking Sofia's whole dresses, god damn, it would be wonderful!"

And when Liza finished her sentence we opened the cafe's door and there she was, Sofia Becker.

Sofia, the one who keeps bugging us half of the time and thinks how to trouble us the other half of the time. Daughter of Mr Davis Becker, who is the owner of the cafe and she's waitressing, actually acts like she's waitressing to impress her father in her ways.

"Ugh!!! Speak of the devil, Liza mumbled slowly enough for me to hear."

Sofia saw us and instantly crossed her arms, standing straight, staring at us with hate burning in her eyes.

We avoided her and moved towards locker to put on our aprons but she was already working on how to use half of her time.

Sofia stretched her leg and Liza tripped but balanced and didn't fall... Liza is not the type to bow so within a second Liza jerked Sofia's hand which made her fall but got saved as she held the counter for balance.

Sofia opened her mouth to say 'bitch' but stopped abruptly after hearing Liza say something very unexpected.

"Thankyou, Sofia you saved me from embarassment", Liza said affectionately with wide smile on her, which all were fake.

I was stopping myself so badly not to show my teeth and show how happy I was but surely Sofia understood everything after looking at our faces.

Sofia spoke grinning widely which was obvious for us that it was clenched teeth and she spoke through it.

"It's fine Liza, I'm there for you, you do know it right", which was obviously threatening but she said it affectionately with her usual english accent to make it sound like concern.

Liza was about to say something but before the quiet invisible hatred argument turns out violent, I dragged Liza to kitchen and smiled at Sofia before closing the door.

"Hey..." Liza whined.

"Shut up, it would take an eternity to end if I didn't stop you both."

Liza rolled her eyes and went to the table.

There was this huge table on which a diagram was sectioned accordingly like the tables placed outside and had sticky notes which had the order names, drinks and food above it according to the notes.

Sofia sometimes places notes in other sections on the table's diagram to confuse and trouble us while serving orders.

"Hey guys", Chad said looking at us for a second and turned his head towards desserts and was busy preparing the desserts.

"Hey Chad, did Sophia...", I was about to ask but he cut me off and answered.

"No, no don't worry Sophia didn't come to the kitchen."

We both started serving orders and soon it was evening.

This was just the beginning so I thought of making it simple and soon the main story starts.

Please...do... continue reading it and I'll post the continuation soon.

Hope you all are safe, happy and healthy.

Till then
See ya!