3. Mommy?

"Hey mom", I said entering home after closing the door.

"Hey Celeste, how was your day" she said coming from kitchen.

"Yeah fine", I said and went to washroom to freshen up.

"Celeste, I'm tired, I'll go to sleep now and dinner is ready, don't be late", she said standing outside the washroom door.

I opened the door and smiled at her, "good night mom".

"Good night Celeste", she patted my cheek and went to her bedroom.

I finished dinner and changed into comfy PJs and held that small piece of paper.

I lay down on my bed and covered my sheets completely, then I opened my phone and saved his number.

The weird thing was, I actually didn't know his name so I saved it 'tall guy from class'.

I didn't understand what to text him, I was so confused and began thinking about which one should I send from Hi, Hey, Hello and how many dots should I keep after it or should I send with no dots.

I was so confused and a right text striked my mind and it is totally appropriate according to the time and there won't be any reason to worry about what kind of reply I'll be getting after sending the message.

So I sent him 'Hey, good night' and shut my eyes tightly.

The next morning I waited for Liza at the diversion and when I felt she is too late to come, I called her.

"Hey what happened?"

"I'm sick.... This cold is killing me."

Her voice sounded rough and hoarse but painful.

"Are you okay... Liz? How about I come to your home now?"

"No........"

She dragged it and the hesitate in her voice was clear.

"Sam is helping me."

it sounded like she said that, gritting her teeth and I understood clearly that I should not disturb her till she texts me or till tomorrow.

"Okay, okay, Liza... Have a sweet cold", I said and giggled.

Today, looks like her lucky day, Liza was crushing on Sam, her neighbour for months now and finally they got the whole day for themselves.

Have fun Liz...

I occasionally noticed that 'the tall guy from class' was staring at me frequently and I can't help with my cheeks burning up.

I tried to smile at him everytime I looked at him but with great hard-work, I successfully smiled once after trying many times where I ended up turning head back to front in seconds after looking at him.

The class was over and when I was out, I saw a man infront of me, so I kept my head down and thought of passing him changing my path.

Then it hit me
Shit, shit, shit, this is the exact thing Liza was talking about.

Now I understand... I actually change path when I see a guy infront of me.

I looked up and realised that it was the same guy from class.

He was tall, fit, golden hair falling on his forehead and with a simple jacket on.

"Good morning", he said smiling widely.

This clearly means he saw my message and I forgot to check my messages.

"Morning", I said avoiding his gaze and tried to sound confident but obviously it sounded timid.