Chapter 9- Beside You

She falls asleep and all she thinks about is you,
She falls asleep and all she dreams about is you,
When she's asleep the air she's breathing is for you,
Are why she wants to live
- She Falls Asleep Part 2 • McFly

• - - •

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟻
𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟺𝚝𝚑 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖ber

The morning was fresh when Henry awoke in her small bed. It was the first night that they'd had in camp together as a ten, and it couldn't have gone better.

  "How was your sleep?" Questioned the O'Connor girl as Arlene passed her by. Frankie was smiling in the hammock nearby, grinning ear to ear.

  "It was the best sleep I've had in years." Arlene announced, seemingly surprised.

  "I'm happy for you." Henry told her, truthfully. "Yeah, I'm glad."

  The choreographer sighed in disbelief. "Unbelievable! Thing is, it's not just a great sleep in here. It's a great sleep anywhere! I feel... so different."

  "I knew you would." Frankie cheered.

     When Henry finally emerged from the warmth of the bed, she had already heard the conversation that Matty and Naughty had been having, and thought she could add to it. In the nicest way, of course. She didn't want to overstep or intrude on any way.

  "Matty." Henry said as she edged closer to the man, who's stubble had started to show. It suited him nicely, but a part of her missed his clean shaven face.

  "Mmh?" He answered, eyes flickering over to her as soon as she spoke.

  "Do you want my bed? 'Cos you can have it if you like." She didn't want to seem to pressuring, but Henry still wanted her friend to have a good nights sleep.

  "Nah, it's alright." Matty grinned, kindly.

  "You sure?" Henry moved closer, wrapping an arm around his waist.

  "Yeah, I'll be fine." He placed his arm around Henry's shoulder as she leant on him.

  "Tell me if you're not, yeah?" She hoped, eyes full of wanting curiosity.

  With a childish smirk, he responded. "Always."

——— ——— ———

Sat facing the camera, Henry thought before she spoke, which was different to usual. She wanted to get her words perfect this time. "Everyone needs someone in here. You'd go mad otherwise." Henry smiled fondly at the thoughts running through her mind. "Ya know, Louise had Frankie, and David and Danny, that sort of thing." The smile rapidly grew. "I've got Matty."

——— ——— ———

It was whilst they were doing the washing that they stumbled across one of Henry's favourite topics. Music. Herself, Arlene, Louise and Richard were all hanging up wet clothes so to have more for the coming days. That was when she struck conversation.

  "What's your favourite type of music, Richard?" Henry had asked, kindly.

  "I like rock." He stated, smile on his face, seemingly glad to talk of it. "Obviously, The Beatles-"