Chapter 13- Alone

cause in the dark
You can't see shiny cars
And that's when you need me there
With you I'll always share
- Umbrella • Rihanna

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟽
𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟼𝚝𝚑 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

It had been almost a week since they first arrived in camp, and the mornings still weren't getting any easier. Instead, it was the same overwhelming tiredness that crowded Henry's mind until darkness fell.

    From the hammock not too far from hers, Matty was stretching. His nose was scrunched, eyes closed, but a smile on his lips. He was always beaming, and it never failed reflect onto everyone else. That was the best thing.

  "Morning," she called over, voice scratchy. Henry couldn't help but smile as she looked at him: last nights conversation  had confirmed everything.

  "Hi." He yawned, turning on his side to face her. "How'd you sleep?"

  "Brilliant. Like a baby."

——— ——— ———

"Last night was good." Henry almost giggled. "You kinda forget you're on camera, so it was nice to share when it felt like just us."

——— ——— ———

      However, the good fortunes barely lasted till midday. There was winds picking up all through camp as hammocks swayed and everything flew around. Then, the rain came.

     Crew rushed them out of camp and into shelter, but shelter meant away from everyone else. Shelter meant alone.

     It was odd to be back in the cottage she'd isolated in, but even then, Henry hadn't been alone. She'd been able to message her brothers, and call as many people as she needed. This time, it was just her.

     No technology. No contact.

     She didn't even get to say goodbye properly.

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟾
𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟽𝚝𝚑 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

The first night alone was horrific. It was the first time in Henry had ever truly been by herself. There had been no sleep, not in her cottage, and nothing to take her mind from it. Alone and bored and afraid.

    The outside storm was overwhelming as rain pounded on the windows, the whole house felt as if it was on breaking point. But it wasn't just the house that felt this way, but Henry too. All she wanted was so back inside of the Castle, to be back with her friends, with Matty.

      Darkness was defeating, even with the light turned up bright. Hope dwindled as the hours prolonged, the day stretched, and Henry waited. She didn't want to wait anymore.

     Surely word would come round soon, wouldn't it? That they'd go back to camp, or go home. Either would do. Anything would. Henry just couldn't bare the silence.

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟾
𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟾𝚝𝚑 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Dark. Still dark. Always dark. Only rain, and black clouds, and wind. The morning ached her mind as she sat. Still no word, still nothing to do. Just her.

     Midday. The clouds had cleared up, the rain nearing its end, and the wind had died out. Not much left of the storm really, not enough.

     But she was still alone. Henry was still barricaded inside of her little cottage.

Alone.

     Then word came. They'd be back in camp tomorrow. Back to normal. Back to human contact.

•  -  -  •
565
•  -  -  •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.