Chapter 32- Angels

So when I'm lying in my bed
Thoughts running through my head
And I feel the love is dead
I'm loving angels instead
And through it all she offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I'm right or wrong
- Angels • Robbie Williams

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟽
𝚃𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟽𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

There had been very few days when Henry had been ill and woken feeling as right as rain. Unfortunately, this was not one of them.

Because of the octopus dinner the night before, Henry had been sick. When she opened her eyes the next morning as the sun rose, her back was to Matty's chest. However, she could feel his fingertips tracing circles on her hips, lightly so not to bother her.

"Hi." Henry whispered.

"Hey," his tone was caring, soft. She liked the way he seemed to care, even about the small things. "How are you feeling?"

Henry groaned a little, turning to face him before replying. "Not great, but not as bad as yesterday."
"Feeling sick, or something else?"

"No, just sleepy."

Kissing her forehead, Matty stood up and off of the bed. "I'm gonna grab you some water, and grab your pillow for you. So just go back to sleep, and I'll be there if you want anything."

"You're brilliant." She awed at him, taking his hand lightly.

——— ——— ———

"Matty's an Angel." Henry grinned at the camera, despite her pounding headache, churning stomach and sickly look. "He's such a gentleman. That's not important, but it's so sweet."

——— ——— ———

It was close to midday by the time Henry eventually left Matty's bed. She wouldn't have cared if she were outside the castle, but she felt guilty about her laziness. There was something about not helping, even when forbidden from doing so, which made her want to sigh and run.

Grabbing a blanket, her cushion, and the green mug Matty had gotten her, and stepped towards the rest of camp. They greeted her with loving smiles, as they always did, and her throne was free. Matty took her hand, smiling.

"Hey." Henry said to them all.

"Hello." Louise beamed, her motherly tone shining through. "How are you?"

"Umm... better, but not, if that makes sense."

"Oh, darling." The blonde sighed, feeling sad for her.

"I'm sorry for not helping, earlier. I know I can't do much, but I want to help." Henry tried, but was cut off.

"No one's mad at you, it's probably the best idea anyway. Adam's been doing everything, it's a tense atmosphere."

——— ——— ———

"So, it seems that the only thing I've missed is Adam getting a little tetchy. So, not much to be honest. I'm just so tired, and I want to go to sleep again." Henry rolled her eyes. "I feel so bad, but I'm just not feeling good."

——— ——— ———

It wasn't long after Henry woke up for the second time that day when Louise and Simon left to do the Castle Coin Challenge. In a way, Henry wanted to go, but in reality she just wanted to go to bed. But Matty was beside her, and grinning whenever they shared a look.