Chapter 40- Musical Camp

Wishing I was still in your arms
There I always seemed so sure
That you love me, that you love me so
That you love me so
- Love Me So • Stereo Kicks

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟸𝟶
𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟶𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

The birds were the thing to wake Henry that day, and though she rolled her eyes, her mood was good. There hadn't been a better nights sleep since she arrived in the Castle. Maybe it was the comfy mattress, or the space, or simply how much she loved being able to share a regular sized bed with her boyfriend.

"Good morning." Henry traced the stubble beginning to form on Matty's jawline with the tips of her fingers. The roughness was a beautiful contrast to his manner.

"Hi." His green eyes blinked slowly, a bright smile growing on his lips. He leant forwards, their lips meeting briefly, but smiles showing how much they really cared.

"Just wait till we're out of here." Henry murmured, their foreheads together, arms around one another, like childish lovers. "We'll have a proper life together, you and me."

"You promise?"

"Course I do." Her dark hair was moved gently from her face by a large, delicate hand. "Me, and you, and time alone. Really alone, without camera's."

——— ——— ———

"I genuinely can't wait until me and Matty can be alone." Henry sighed, a little embarrassed by the words spurting from her mouth. "There's just a few things you can't do when others are around."

——— ——— ———

Matty left her in bed not too long after, a kiss lingering both on forehead and lips. Soon, she decided she would have to get up too.

When she walked through to the main camp room, Matty was the first thing in her sights. He was there, opening the packets of rice and beans for the morning meal, humming a tune to himself.

"Nah, Nah, Nah, are you listening? Oh no... the world is glistening. The wood is on fire, on the campfire walking in a Wales wonderland."

"You've got such a beautiful voice." Henry said from beside him, having managed to sneak up from behind. Her arms wrapped around his neck pressing a kiss to the side of his head.

"Yours is better."

"In the meadow we can build a snowman." Henry sang, airily. "And pretend that he is Parson Brown. He'll say are you married, we'll say no man, but you can do the job while your in town."

Soon enough, everyone else joined in the singing. Even Danny and Simon ended up dancing with Henry, just for fun, but such fun it was. Matty sat on his chair, watching the whole ordeal, but couldn't help grin at Henry.

Everyone always smiled at her, it was impossible not to. There was an air about her, a warm glow everyone saw. This was one of the many reason's Henry O'Connor was so loved from all around. This was one of the reasons Matty loved her so.

——— ——— ———

"You should see her when she's dancing and singing and stuff." Matty half gushed towards the confessional camera. "There's this gladness in her eyes, and it's just... it's brilliant."

——— ——— ———

Henry knew Matty kept sneaking glimpses from the cooking her way, but she didn't mind. How could she ever mind? Matty was everything that Henry had ever wanted in a man, a friend, a companion, in a stranger passing by.

But Matty Lee had never been a stranger, and Henry O'Connor hoped he never would be. No, he was far too special for that.

——— ——— ———

"I love Christmas more than anything. Everyone knows this." Henry explained. "And my homes always full of music so this is the next best thing, and it makes me so happy that everyone is doing it with me." A few tears appeared in her eyes. "It's really starting to feel like home."

——— ——— ———

Whilst doing the pump for the hot water, some of the boys decided it sounded like a beat. So, by using only their voices and a few twigs, created one of the most catchy beats Henry had ever heard.

"Please let me use that." Henry giggled as she leant against one of the wooden beams.

"I want some royalties for it, then." Danny teased as the actress nodded.

"Of course, Mr Miller."

——— ——— ———

"The whole sing along thing was fun. It was Castle Inn two-point-oh!" Henry smiled, a little. "It reminds me of Freddie and his band, really. Also, someone sign them please. Call my agent if you want to, because technically I'm their agent- I didn't think it though."

"You enjoyed it though." Matty rolled his eyes.

The brunette turned her eyes to face the diver. "I did. Especially Uptown Girl! Me and Eb sing that together on karaoke nights."

"You sound like you do a lot of karaoke. Do I have to prepare myself for nights out?" The ginger was curious, but playful.

"Of course you do. Expect nothing less."

"We'll have to find a karaoke song then."

"I have a big repertoire, don't you worry."

•  -  -  •
889
•  -  -  •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.