Chapter 25- Highs And Lows

Cause we belong together now, yeah
Forever united here somehow, yeah
You got a piece of me
And honestly
My life (my life) would suck (would suck) without you
- My Life Would Suck Without You • Kelly Clarkson

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟺
𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟺𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Not too long after Henry had woken up, the second half of the camp were called to do their trial. Henry was nervous for many reasons. The first was that she was against Matty for the first time. She'd never done that before, and the idea wasn't a nice one. The second, and final, was how nervous she was to have something either good or bad. If it was good, she'd be guilty. Bad, and she'd be upset.

They were put into three pairs which would face the trial. Matty was partnered with Danny. Henry was with Frankie, and Simon was partnered with Naughty Boy.

The six campers set foot into the trial room and saw three large cauldrons filled with green goo. Danny took the scroll and read it out to everyone so they could hear.

"Welcome to the Lair! In your pairs you will be shackled to each other inside one of the cauldrons. The aim of the challenge is to retrieve the key in front of your cauldron, unlock yourselves and ring the bell.

——— ——— ———

"I'm gonna level with you." Henry smiled at the camera. "I was so confused. Luckily, Frankie had a clue what the hell it was we were supposed to do."

——— ——— ———

"Inside your cauldron are several pieces of the long pole. At the sound of the klaxon you need to search the cauldron to find them. You need to screw them together to make one longer pole to retrieve the key. You will go to the wishing well in order you retrieve the keys."

"Great." Henry whispered.

"Sounds fun!" Matty groaned as he stared at the goo.

——— ——— ———

"I'm gonna spare you the details." The O'Connor girl said. "Matty and Danny won, me and Frankie came second, Simon and Naughty came third. We definitely don't need to talk about how I completely fucked the entire thing up."

——— ——— ———

Since Matty and Danny came first, they went to the wishing well. Meanwhile, Henry and Frankie waited. Anticipation filled them, and Henry hopes there was something similar to Louise's for her, though Frankie and everyone else might want it too. She missed her brothers. She missed everyone.

When Henry and Frankie were signalled to go in, there were three coins left. They wouldn't know what Matty and Danny had picked until they arrived back at camp. As soon as they got there, there was one coin that stuck out and made Henry's heart ache.

One minute phone call home or a meal of rice and beans for two in the clink tonight.

"I want you to have the phone call." Frankie told Henry, smiling.

"Really?" She was in shock. She didn't want to take anything away from anyone.

"Yeah. I think that Matty's left this for you, and I think Simon and Naughty would happily let you have this." The singer nodded.

"And you'd be happy if we got the bad side?" Henry wondered.

Again, Frankie nodded, so they took the coin from the hanging string, and put it on the holder.