Chapter 19- Fights Without Fists

I love the things you hate about yourself
Just finished a daydream
Who were you tryna be?
Then the time for being sad is over
And you miss 'em like you miss no other
And being blue is better than being over it
- Hallelujah • Panic! At The Disco

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟷
𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Everything get different when the rest of camp woke up. It was a good sort of different, though. They had a new leader a deputy, new jobs to be assigned- but for Henry and Matty there was more. For them, their lives had changed.

     "How are we this morning?" Louise beamed as she witnessed the two sharing a bed. "When did this happen?"

  "Like four am, I don't know." Henry groaned, the light hitting her eyes.

  "Is this a later-on conversation?" Asked the newsreader.

  "Later, yeah." Replied the actress.

      It seemed to take a while to get out of bed, but all for a good reason. Matty's arms were surprisingly comfortable. But, eventually, the group settled around the fire as David and Danny decided the camp chores.

——— ——— ———

"Today's gonna be a good day." Henry grinned. "Sometimes you can feel it in the air. I think today's gonna be good."

——— ——— ———

     Danny and David sat in the Lord's purple chairs, and with the blackboard in front of them. That would hold their fate for quite some time, and Henry was nervous.

  "Good morning, Leader." Louise greeted the ex-footballer.

  "Have a seat." He coerced.

  Frankie sighed. "I've been waiting for this to come."

  Henry giggled as Matty grabbed her hand. "It always does. Every year."

  Danny took a scroll, which he had been given earlier, and read it to the group. "Leader and Deputy, you must now assign chores to your fellow camp mates. Each chore can only be carried out by the assigned candidates which means no one else can help out with the chores. The Leader and Deputy are exempt from all chores in camp."

  "obviously." Kadeena rolled her eyes, playfully.

  "Lucky you." Henry huffed. She wasn't exactly happy about only being able to do one thing. The girl was sure to get even more bored than usual, however, she had Matty and Danny for entertainment. It couldn't be too bad.

  "So, for the camp Chefs, Kadeena and Naughty Boy." There were smiles from the friends. "Camp Maintenance, Simon, and Adam, and Matty."

  "Happy?" Henry mouthed to him, and he nodded.

  "Camp Cleaners- Arlene and Henry."

  "What's that? The privy?"

  "Yeah." Henry grimaced and shuddered a little.
  "Right, okay."

——— ——— ———

"If I'm being honest, I'm quite annoyed." Henry sighed, rubbing her brow with her thumb and forefinger. "I've said it quite a lot that this makes me feel quite sick, and they've chosen me to do it anyway. I'm not happy, I'll be honest."

——— ——— ———

"Washing up, we have Frankie and Louise." They cheered happily, waiting for the final thing David had to say. "and we have added one."