Chapter 35- The Challenge

And I will take you in my arms
And hold you right where you belong
'Til the day my life is through
This I promise you
- This I Promise You • NSYNC

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟾
𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟾𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

It had been declared that there would be a challenge for the camp to face, however, that was all they were told. Of the eight left in camp, only seven attended due to Simon's stomach troubles. It was going to be exciting... exciting and terrifying probably.

    They had to walk to a room which was filled with school related items.

  "Oh God." Henry sighed as she saw the desks and blackboard. She thought she'd gotten out of school when she turned eighteen: apparently not.

  "We're going back to school!" Louise cheered, oddly. The newsreader seemed to be the only person excited for the school-related challenge.

    Red and yellow ties were handed out, and they tied them. Henry, once again, sighed.

  "Is there a yellow one anywhere?" She rolled her eyes. "I'm a Hufflepuff, not a Gryffindor."

  "I'm Hufflepuff too." Matty grinned, as he fumbled to finish the half-Windsor knot he was attempting. Quizzically, he asked. "Look good?"

  With a smile, Henry straightened the fabric and tightened it a little. Matty's lips curled upwards more, contently watching his girlfriend fuss over him. "Very handsome."

  "Pay attention!" Louise called as Henry tied her own tie, still slightly annoyed that it was red.

  "Sorry miss." Danny giggled like a school-boy.
  Reading the scroll, the blonde said. "If all of you pass this exam, then you will get to celebrate in the Castle Inn tonight!"

  The cheering was deafening. Everyone wanted to go to the pub so badly.

——— ——— ———

"I want a drink so much." Henry sighed. "I just want to have something strong, god, coffee would do."

——— ——— ———

"The Castle's curriculum consists of eight subjects. Working in your teams, you'll be asked questions based on these subjects. The letters and numbers you need to answer the questions are inside your desks."

     With the teams written on the scroll, they sat at the desks. Because Simon wasn't there, they were sat in two groups of two, and one group of three. Henry was apart of that group of three. She, Matty and Louise would be answering the questions. David and Naughty and Danny and Adam would be taking the others.

——— ——— ———

As they stood by one of the walls as they did a confessional. Henry, Matty and Louise were answering questions basically based on their feelings towards the upcoming challenge.

  "We have Louise." Henry announced. "I know stuff, but, like, we're replying on Miss 'I like exams'."

  "Well, it's been a very long time since I was at school." Louise defended herself.

——— ——— ———

Adam and Danny got their first question, which was history, answering it quickly, and correctly. Then David and Naughty were given the second, and then, it came to be the trio's.

  "I was hoping you'd carry on playing so we don't have to do ours." Louise cried, not wanting to go into it.

  What planet in our solar system is closest to the sun?

  Without a second thought, Henry blurted. "It's Mercury!"

  "Really?"

  "Just trust me, it's Mercury!"

They held it up on the board, and it came up correct.

——— ——— ———

"Henry being a space fanatic as a child won us that one." Louise announced to the camera.

  "You were a nerd." Smiled Matty as he poked her shoulder like an annoying child.

  Henry pouted. "Don't be mean."

  "I'm not, I think it's adorable." He pressed a kiss to the side of her forehead.

——— ——— ———

Maths was the next subject, and the trio got it right quickly. Louise was particularly good at Maths. Then, Adam and Danny were given two art questions before they got the right answer.

     Once again, it was Henry's groups turn.

The song Defying Gravity is from which popular musical?

     "Wicked!" Matty exclaimed swiftly before beginning to sing it lightly. "I think I'll try defying gravity."

  "That sounds really good." Henry grinned at him whilst searching for the letters they needed.

  "Yeah?"

  "Pretty good." She said. "And yeah, you're right."

——— ——— ———

"It's so cute you took your parents to see Wicked." Henry gushed.

  "I mean..." Matty rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah..."

  "We should go to see a music together."

  "Alright, then."

——— ——— ———

Then there was only one more question which had to be answered by the trio. Spanish. Unfortunately, Henry took German so was completely useless. However, Louise's favourite subject in school was Spanish, so they had a much better chance than they thought.

     It was safe to say that they'd gotten it right.

     Thanks to their general knowledge, they would all be going to the Castle Inn that night. Henry couldn't wait, and when they told Simon, he was over the moon.

     Henry couldn't wait to have a drink.

  -  -  •
861
•  -  -  •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.