8.Pick up the phone

'You have reached the voicemail of Kellin Quinn, he cannot return your call right now, please leave a message after the tone' BEEEEP.

"Kellin? Please pick up the phone...or answer your texts, I'm sorry if I did anything wrong, but I would never have meant to disrespect you." I sighed,"Please talk to me." Then put the phone down.

Letting my knees cave in, I sunk to the ground and slammed my head back against the bricks. Pain ripped through my skull, but I barley noticed. Kellin hadn't rung me in 3 days, and he would not answer the phone.

Most other people would probably have punched a wall in frustration, and I must say I was tempted, but the emotion I felt more than anger, was dispair. Fear. Anger. And complete and utter despair.

I am beginning to feel like I've lost him.

***

Kellin's POV

The paper I held crackled between my shaking fingers as I left the airport.

What the hell am I doing?

I had been asking myself this question over and over again ever since I quietly shut the front door of our apartment.

Through blurry eyes, I looked at the directions on the paper I held, and then around the street for a taxi. Seeing lots of taxi like cars I began to aproach one, when a man with expensive looking gloves tapped me on the shoulder.

"Excuse me...sir." He gave of an aura of pretentiousness, and spoke with a slight Italian accent whilst he looked me up and down. For a moment I looked down at myself: scruffy jeans, unwashed vest tshirt and an age old bag stuffed with a few belongings.

Well. I could see why he was looking at me like I was something unpleasant he trod in.

"You are Mr. Kellin Quinn, yes?" He asked.

"Y-yes?" I asked, still confused as to why such a well dressed man was speaking to me.

He seemed to get over how gross I looked suddenly, and burst into animation, "Oh, pardon me sir, I am your chauffeur."

I stared open mouthed.

"To take you to the ranch?" He said gesturing limply towards a fancy car, then he added hurriedly, "I am so sorry to hear about your mother, she was...a very lovely woman."

His words seemed to make him uncomfortable, so he ushered me quickly into the car.

He could be anyone. I thought. But what would anyone want with me?

The plush seats were like a freshly made bed to my weary body. Finally I tried to settle down and shove away any unwanted anxieties.

He could hurt you. Then how would he know about my mum? Your mum might have wanted him to. He could take you anywhere and you are trapped in a country you know barley anything about.

I took a deep breath and acknowledged the immense comfort of the seats, you are safe here.

My phone buzzed in my pocket; I pulled it out.

Vic.

I would listen to the many answer phone mesages he had left but I was afraid in would only tighten the clenching feeling in my chest.

I couldn't speak to him, not yet, so I settled into the soft seats and let exhaustion take me.