12. Something To Hide

Vic's POV

A terrible feeling of betrayal lined my gut as I entered Jaime's cellar for the first time in weeks. It was strange, because all the previous times I'd spent there had been some of my happiest, but now I felt bad. Really bad.

Kellin was our official lead singer and once we were all settled in our new places (Mike and Tony moved in together, saying, "We're just friends." Even thought everyone knows there not, and Jaime moved out to live on his own, but he's had all sort of guys and girls come to stay) we were gonna start having regular band practices again. Buuuut, Kellin went and disappeared of to Italy, like you do. I say that like it was no big deal, despite the fact it still hurts me to this day.

So, anyway, there I was descending the steps to Jaime's basement and that, of course, was because it was time for band practice. We were meant to practice that day anyway, so we decided we may as well do it without Kellin; it still made me uncomfortable. Feeling as if I was cheating on Vic, since I hadn't told him PTV were getting together, I unpacked my guitar and stared guiltily at the abandoned microphone.

"Hey Vic, you're here at last!" Yelled Mike.

"Yes I am!" I replied, staying cheery so no one would know I felt weird. It's stupid really isn't it? I don't have to tell Kellin everything, I can do things without him - it just felt like we'd kicked him out the band.

"Look, dude, we know it must be hard for you without Kellin here, and he is still our lead singer. Just try pretend he's on vacation?" Tony said in a calming voice, as if he knew just what I was thinking.

"Thanks...It's hard, but I'll try." I replied firmly.

"What Tony meaaans, is: do you mind singing on your own? Cause you know we all can't sing for shit...and your voice is way better than you think!" Jaime asked warmly.

"Uh, thanks....but I dunnooo..." I replied, never having been keen to show off voice.

"Go on! I know you write songs, I saw them in that little book you keep under your pillow!" Jaime cried, and then covered his mouth with his hand, realising, he shouldnt have been scavenging in my room.

"You didn't?!" I cried scoldingly, before leaping up and mock tackling him to onto the worn sofa.

"Get off me! You're gonna ruin my new top! God, I only got it yesterday!" An irritted voice emerged from within the sofa.

Slowly I got up and examine the 'oh-so-wonderful' t-shirt I was 'ruining'. I wasn't at all surprised to see a sparkly My Little Pony printed across it.

Unable to hide my laughter, I wandered over to where I left my guitar, put it on, and positioned myself behind the microphone. I've almost always disliked my voice, and to be honest, doing that make me feel pretty anxious, but I had to keep reminding myself, they're my friends, it doesn't matter.

"Wait, so you're singing?!" Mike gasped, jumping up.

I nodded, my lips curving into a small smile.

"On your own?! Tony asked, seeming shocked.

"Yes!" I laughed.

"And I thought we would never persuade you!" Said Jaime, with his hand over his heart.

"Alright! Come on, lets make some music before I change my mind!" I chuckled.

The guys cheered and hurried to their instruments. Once everyone was ready, I asked, "Hey Jaime, you know that notebook you found under my pillow? I may have brought that long today." I grinned smugly at the relief on their faces, since none of them were big on song writing.

"Thank god for that, if Jaime was in charge, all our songs would be about chiffon scarves!" Laughed Mike.

"And if it were me they would defiantly be about Star Wars." Tony giggled.

"And if I were in charge, Harry Potter would be our speciality!" Mike chuckled.

"Thats pretty accurate." I stated, no longer able to control my laughter.

"So, what've you got Vic?" Tony questioned.

"I dunno, I've got this one called 'Bulletproof Love' but it's pretty depressing...and personal." I replied nervously, that song was based on how I felt when Kellin left without a proper explanation, "Here, you read it." I said throwing the book at them.

Mikes eyes widened in surprise at the lyricd, Tony forwned sadly, and Jaime looked plain distraught.

"Guys, it's okay I'm not gonna go jump off a bridge, I'm alright now, I just needed some way to vent my feelings." I said awkwardly in response to their reactions.

"Phew!" Cried Jaime, flinging out his arms.

"These words are dark, but they could make a pretty amazing song," Mike said, still sounding slightly shocked, "Good job brutha."

"So, how do you want it to sound?" Tony asked, determinedly adjusting his guitar strap, and placing his fingers on the fret board.

"I was thinking sorta bitter sweet - like a happy melody and sad words?" I replied.

"I love those kinds of songs!" Jaime yelled. We all looked at him in suprise, because though he liked hardcore music, he only ever openly expressed love for 'I'm a Barbie girl.'

"Woah, okay, lets get this song on the road." Mike grinned.

The hours skittered past, and before we knew it, it was midnight and we had a song. I was pretty proud of that song, but I wasn't sure how Kellin would feel about it. I fell asleep on the coach in Jaime's basement, feeling proud and happy, but still aching with guilt...

I hope this makes up for me rarely updating cx