Chapter 2

Y/ns pov
Mom is in jail and I now have my 15 year old brother living with me. I've had to enroll him into the high school next to my house, but him a bunch of shit and  punch him a few times. Thriving..

"What time are you going to be home today?" Tae questions walking into the kitchen.

He asks me that question everyday before I leave.If I'm not back by the time I say I will be he gets anxious. He doesn't start school for 2-ish weeks so he kinda just stays inside and sits with his thoughts. "I should be back before 8. Jin wants me to do this study group thing with him at the cafe next to the university. Both of our classes end at 3 so if you want to hang out over there while we study then I'll call a cab for you. Just text me and let me know" I say putting the plate of food in front of him. He nods and instantly starts eating. He was so used to only eating 1 small meal so now I have to cook or order him something to make sure he eats.

I check the time and if I don't leave now im going to be late for class. I'm so glad I got dressed before I cooked for him.

"Unpack your clothes while I'm gone, don't do anything dumb and make sure to eat" I say grabbing my school bag, keys and phone. Tae yells goodbye while I'm closing the door.

Regardless of how annoying my brother can be I love him. Now that im his legal guardian I will do absolutely anything and everything to erase the pain my mother has given. Mom will be there for a pretty long time so I don't have to deal with her shit and neither does Tae.

---
School is exhausting. I don't get why I willingly pay to be here when I could just become a stripper or something. I could make an onlyfans, that pays well. Or I could be a sugar baby. I'll keep all or those options in my mind just in case I completely fail college or life in general.

Jin has his arm wrapped around me as usual and as we walk in the cafe I notice the really large group of people. There is no way this is to study. "Jin." I grumble looking up at him. He gives me a nervous smile.

"If I told you that this was a large hang out you wouldnt have come" he whispers tightening his grip on me.

I look away from him and back at the group. Most of my soulmates are here.. The only ones missing are Minho and jeongin. The last 6 are all sitting next to each other engaging in different conversations.

Tae told me he wanted to come and get out the house so I sent a taxi to pick him up. I always leave money with him just in case he needs it. He should be here in a few minutes..

Jin sits me down next to Namjoon and then plops down on the other side of me.

"Hi sweets. No brownie today?" Namjoon asks smiling at me. Sweets is the nickname he gave me after he realized how many deserts I have.

"Tae is living with me now and he is on his way so I'm going to wait until he gets here" I explain setting my bag beside my chair.

Namjoon nods and goes back to reading the book he was previously.

I start talking with Jin for a few minutes until I feel a small tap on my shoulder. I turn and Tae is standing behind me with a nervous smile.

I smile and he lightly crouches to meet my height. "Do you want to sit here or do you want to sit in a booth by yourself?"I question.

He stands there looking like he is thinking before pointing to a booth. I nod but put a finger up and get into my bag. I look around in my bag until I find my wallet.

I grab 20 dollars and hand it to him "buy a drink and a snack. Buy me a brownie while you are there!"

He nods and walks away without saying a word. My brother is kinda a weird kid, introverted to the highest extent. I was the same way when I left home, Jin helped me get out more and meet people so it's my job to do the same for Tae.

Jin is staring at him for some reason. What look I'm not sure but his face looks odd.

----

We have been here for over an hour and so far I've had 5 different people ask me about my soulmates and my mark. I've brushed off the question every single time but it just makes people more curious.

The conversation of soulmates is common amongst people, I just don't like talking about me in these conversations.

"Nobody has even seen your mark. Why?" a random girl at the table asks. I've never met her but I really don't like her at this moment in time.

I shrug and take a bite of my brownie. "My mark is important to me. I show it to people I'm close to but I like to keep it covered" I explain looking over at Jin whose hand is now on my leg.

The girl scoffs and rolls her eyes. "How are you supposed to find your soulmates if nobody can see your mark?"

I'm against hitting women but I'm tempted to throw Jin's hot coffee at her. Just throw it right in her face. I have no clue why she cares about my mark so much, its absolutely none of her business.

"I know exactly who my soulmates are. Just because I haven't talked to or about them doesn't mean I don't know them. Not only that I don't Have to tell or show you anything, I have set my boundaries and will not change it. You are a complete Stranger and I have no responsibility to please you because it's none of your business.I haven't talked to my soulmates yet but that once again is absolutely none of your business. Why you are so interested in my mark I'm not sure but please keep it to yourself" I say rolling my eyes at her.

She sits there dumbfounded before opening her mouth to say something until closing it and looks away from me. The table is silent for a minute until Namjoon bursts out in laughter. Joon has always found me being angry or irritated funny. He never really takes me seriously.

I huff in annoyance and take another bite of my brownie.

I look over at Tae and he is going through something. A book. Is that my art book?!! That one has a bunch of drawings of my mark in it. Jesus Christ. I will beat this boy up.

I stand up and walk over to the booth he is in. He is sketching a smaller version of my mark beside the one I drew.

"Tae."

Tae looks up at me and smiles. "I only saw that there were empty pages but it's been a long time since Ive seen your mark. You went into a lot of detail on this one and I wanted to see if I could recreate your drawing" he explains pointing to his drawing. I hate to admit it but his drawing is really good. Better then mine even and it's my mark. 

"Was I not supposed to? I saw it just sitting there next to your other ones and you said I could touch whatever I wanted"

I did say that. He just moved in and he should feel like it's his home to because it is. I can't get mad at him for doing something. I didnt tell him not to..

"It's okay.. You did draw it very well. If you are going to go through my sketch books please don't do it in public. I don't show my mark. Okay?"

He nods and quickly flips to an empty page. He gives me a thumbs up and I send one back.

I walk back to my seat and plop down. I'll stay for a bit longer and then I'll go home. I'm still so fucking exhausted
____________________________________
Word count: 1409
This chapter is a bit bland but the next chapter is going to have y/n get to know his soulmates a bit more! I hope you enjoyed (: