Blasphemy

I sit at the bar and observe for a few minutes. As the loud music blares through my sensitive ears, I look out and over at the crowded dance floor. I really can't wait to get out there and mingle between the bodies.

But first I must get a few drinks. Not because it really affects me. My blood runs the alcohol out of my system to quickly to become drunk like a human. But I'll have a few minutes before it leaves my system, and I want to live tonight to the fullest.

With all these hot men that have came into my life so suddenly, I could use a few drinks. If anything I DESERVE it. Do you know how hard it is to stay sane and calm with a bunch of drool worthy hot bodies surrounding you?

I swear I'd melt into a puddle if they touched me longer than a few seconds. Plus, I need a reprieve from constantly thinking and worrying of what's happening with the crazy chest zaps. A break to stop thinking of my next mission and all of the dreadful what if questions. So I make sure to tell the bartender to give me five shots of vodka.

Boo hoo. Vodka is good. Burns nicely down my throat. Such a focused but needed feeling right now. Which I'm sure Raven would agree.

As the glasses are laid out in front of me I take a few calming breaths to relax myself.
Intake. One. Exhale. Two. Inhale. Three. Exhale. Four.

Reopening my eyes, I look at my shots before reaching my hand out and picking one of the glasses up. Making sure to raise it to my lips and throwing the drink back quickly. I don't even wince as it burns through from esophagus to my stomach. So I take another.

One shot, two shot, three shot, four.

I can feel some of my previous stress leave my mind. I reach down to lift my last shot, but right as I go to pick it up, a hand appears in my way. Blocking me from my vodka haven.

I frown as I follow the offending hand up to the face of its owner.

"That much alcohol isn't safe for you. You're so small and you've already had four." I look up to see North looking at me in concern.

Who the fuck does he think he is?

He can protect his family all he wants to. But here he is, trying to hoard my liquor.  Who does that!? Thats- That's blasphemy!

"Im going to need you to get your big paws off my drink mate" I growl at him.

He does not control me. I'm a grown ass woman! If anything, I should be telling him what to do. I am his elder, after all.

He growls back at me before saying a quick 'no'.
Then before I can say or do anything,  this asshole picks up MY shot. Then he does the unthinkable and drinks it! Hell to the No!

"I paid for that! If you wanted some you should have gotten your own. Now you either regurgitate my drink or buy me a new one." I narrow my eye at him as I speak in a barely restrained tone.

He smirks at me before calling for the bartender. Completely ignoring my glare, he speaks to the bartender.
"Can I get a water and coke?"

The bartender nods and turns away again. But before he can go to far, I call out to him.

"Sorry. But that's not what I want. Can I get five more shots of your strongest liquor?"

The bartender looks between me and North a few times before hurrying away after a sharp yes. Then, icing on my cake, I look up and see a pissed off North.

"Gah! I'm trying to stop you from getting alcohol poisoning or some shit, and you just ordered whatever is stronger that what you had before!? What's wrong with you?! You know it's okay to have limits, right?!" He looks at me incredulously while flinging his arms out.