As men Debate

Luke's P.O.V

I think I'm in love as I watch my dream woman walk out the door. Not because she walks as silent as a ninja or because she brought me chocolate like she knew I hadn't had any all day.

Not even because she's gorgeous.

No, I think I'm in love because even with her having lived so long, I can't help but see the strength she gives everyday. How she's still humane after living that long. She could have given up, become the monster of herself, but instead she's compassionate and kind.

It's a rarity to see in Supes older than a hundred. I'm not sure I'd be able to handle living so long, watching the world change so drastically around me, without having my brothers by my side.

Because after so long of living life, things become plain and boring to to alot of Supernaturals, they've lost the human parts of themselves and let rage, self pity and loneliness consume them to a breaking point. That's when the Academy steps in and cleans up their messes and takes them down.

But not Sineria, she's pure in a simple but strong way. And even though she clearly doesn't need it, I still feel this overwhelming urge to protect her. To be near her always. I can't help but frown at that thought. It's much too soon to go declaring love. She seems more of the 'keep to herself' type of person, so I'm sure saying the L word would only push her away in a way that would destroy my heart.

"Mr. Toma, your team seems to know something about Ms. Sorphen that we do not?"

My head snaps up, pulling me from my thoughts as I look to Mr. Blackbournes words. His face is as unreadable as the labels of candy wrappers. Which I don't read because it spews lies about causing health problems. But still, B's expressions are rarely seen through the heavy mask he keeps up. He even has the mask up when he sleeps, which is slightly disturbing when I go into his room occasionally to switch his ties out for pink ones.

I glance away from my brother and look over at Axel. He has a small smirk on his face as he exchanges glances to his family. They give small nods and head shakes to each other until making some unknown agreement for their leader to speak up.

"Yes. We know a bit more about her. But tell me, Mr. Blackbourne, have you and your team been experiencing phantom emotions? Maybe even physical aches of some kind here lately?"

What in the sugar gods is he talking about? Is he talking about all the times we've nearly went down in pain from sudden chest pains? Or when we have to force ourself not to cry from sudden onslaughts of emotion?

If so, how would he know that? We've all tried to make sure none of the Toma team would notice the episodes. Mr. B says it's best not to show or give off any weakness, and since we have no clue why we've suddenly started having these weird problems, we figured we would just try to work around them. We also don't need to be pulled from this mission.

Maybe they're just caused by one of us getting some new power. I sure as carrots wasn't going to be the one to question anything.

"Yes actually.  Is it something that your team is causing us? Because if so, they suck. It's like being a hormonal teenager, no control over random bursts of sadness and chest pains." Axel and Marc nods consideringly at Sean's words. As if contemplating if they should say anything else about it.

"Well, it's not caused by my team, we actually have been experiencing the same thing."

I see Docs eyes widen in surprise and confusion. I can almost see himself asking why two separate teams would be having the same problems. But before he can say anything out loud, Wil is leaning forward to speak.