Discussion

((A/N- there will be sexual discussion in this chapter in case you didn't know this is a mature book.))

Axel's P.O.V

With a small wind, she was gone. No sign she was even here to begin with, other than the small dip in the cushions.

I was trying to figure out what had just happened. My chest was squeezing and burning with a deep sadness. But it hadn't felt like my own emotion. More detached from my own in some weird but connected way.

I had thought that Sang was intentionally hurting us to stop our questions somehow, but the way her eyes watered and shoulders slumped, I knew it wasn't on purpose.

But why did she leave when asking what this bond is? Why did it appear to pain and upset her? She was so regretful as she looked at us. Pleading that it was something that shouldn't have happened.

She even apologized.

But now that she mentioned it, I can internally feel a small thread of pink, it's tied and curled around my own magic.

When I prod at this new attachment, it doesn't feel harmful. Instead it cuddles tighter around my magic, almost as if to protect it.

I look around to my brothers, trying to see what they're thinking.

Corey and Wil seem as if they're puzzled at the revelation, their brows furrowed in concentration. Wil pushes up his glasses as Corey rubs his temples in frustration.

Raven, Brandon and Kevin, all look about five seconds from storming out to beat the questions out of the world. I make sure I shake my head sternly to them, when I catch their eyes, before looking over at Marc.

His emotions play through his face as they come.

Confusion, sadness, guilt, sorrow, and then understanding.

His head tips down, he studies his lap as he continues to think. I just proceed to watch him. Curious as to what he has to say.

After about five minutes he jerks up to his feet. Pacing back and forth as he begins to get worked up from his own thoughts.

"Marc? What is it?" Corey's voice is faraway as he asks this. Distracted by his own line of thoughts and questions.

"I was thinking. Why would she not tell us what the bond is? Then I put myself in her shoes.... if she feels like she can't have a family or anyone near her, why would she be so devastated that she's bonded us?" He looks up into our eyes.

"Well... because she thinks she would put us in danger..." Wils voice trails off as he tries to think further ahead, trying to catch Marc's line of thoughts. 

"Yeah. But why? I don't think she's lying. If anything she may be withholding exacly how bad it is. This means that there's something big keeping her away from getting close to people... so this bond means t-" Kevin cuts Marc off as he continues.

"It means this bond is something that will prevent her from keeping her distance. She will try to protect us from danger, but the bond will make it hard to do that from afar... we need to figure out what type of bond this is."

I clear my throat and wait for their attention to drift to me.

"First, we need to make sure we agree. Who all is okay with this bond?"

It's several long moments as they study the bond that's attached to their magic.

"I'm fine with it."

"Yeah, if anything we should figure out how to progress it. Study it's growth." This comes from Wil.

"I'm kosher with that."