Dream

I gasped as I woke up from my sleeping spot. I quickly lifted my hands to my face to look at them. I sighed as I realized I was here, and I just had a bad dream. I looked down at my legs to see they had transformed back.

"Hey, you okay over there?" SubZero asked. I turned around to see him laying up against the cave wall.

"Y-yeah just had a weird dream," I said as I brushed the hair out of my eyes.

"Didn't look like a weird dream,"

"What do you mean?" I asked. SubZero pointed behind me. I looked to see the lake we had landed in was now frozen. I gasped as I got up.

"Something happen?" He asked.

"Why are you acting all nice suddenly? Did you hit your head during the fall?" I asked as I put my hands on my hips.

"Just asking. Something the matter?" He asked annoyed. I sighed.

"Guess it's time to tell you my actual story," I said as I took a seat next to him.

"There's more to your story?" He asked as he looked at me?

"Yeah, I haven't told you about Myles," I said. Suddenly a cold breeze passed by us.

"Crap he's here," I muttered.

"Who?"

"Myles, my ex," I said as I looked at the sand

"Myles? What kind of name is that?" He asked as he chuckled.

"Not sure, but that's not the point. The point is that he was my ex-boyfriend. And I-" Suddenly a high-pitched scream interrupted us. I quickly stood up to see the beast crawling towards us from the ice. Its fur was a bright shade of blue, and its eyes were pitch black. 

"How did it get there?" I asked as I took my bow out and prepared to fire an ice arrow at it.

"It probably tracked our scent!" SubZero said as he created ice in his hands.

"We need to get rid of it before it kills us!" I cried as I shot my arrow at the beast. It swiftly dodged the arrow and ran faster towards us.

"Do you have a plan to kill this thing!" I asked as I fired another ice arrow at the creature.

"Yeah, you distract the creature and I'll kill it!" He shouted as he ran away from me.

"Why do I have to distract this creature? Why can't the gentleman do it?" I said as I fired another arrow.

"Because it's my plan! Now use your voice thingy and stop that thing before it eats us for dinner!"

"This plan better work!" I cried as I threw my bow behind me.

"Yeah yeah, it will! Now sing before that thing eats you for dinner!"

"Please halt and stand on the ice," I softly sang. But the beast's eyes wouldn't glow.

"Uh, Frosty, it isn't working!" I shouted.

"Keep singing! It'll work eventually, I think," He shouted as he started to run on the ice.

"I ask that you halt and stand on the ice. Please lay down and drift to sleep," The spell appeared as if it worked for a split second, but the beast quickly shook it off and continued to run towards me.

"Frosty, my ability isn't working!" I cried in fear.

"Sing a full song or something, I just need two more minutes!" He shouted as he continued to run. I sighed as I faced the beast that was now a couple of feet away from me.

"Plug your ears!" I shouted as I looked at SubZero. He nodded as he stopped and put his hands to his ears. I started to sing

"There once was a ship that put to sea, the name of the ship was the Billy of Tea," The beast stopped in its tracks for a brief moment, but continued to slowly walk towards me. I continued to sing shakily.

"The winds blew up, her bow dipped down, oh blow, my bully boys, blow," The beast started to shake its head violently like it was struggling against my voice.

It's working! I thought as I grinned as I sang the chorus.

"Soon may the Wellerman come. To bring us sugar and tea and rum," I looked at SubZero and motioned him to make his move.

"One day, when the tonguing is done, we'll take our leave and go!" As soon as I sang the last part, SubZero leaped in the air and pressed his hands to the beast's fur. Its fur froze and soon the beast turned into a beautiful ice sculpture.

"We make a pretty good team," SubZero said as he walked over to me. I smiled and nodded.

"Maybe if you ran faster, I wouldn't have had a near-death experience," I said as I started to walk off the ice. Suddenly, the caverns temperatures started to drop.

"Hey, did you happen to freeze the entire cavern?" I asked as I turned to look at SubZero. He shook his head no.

"I can't do that, it must be another beast," He said as he looked at the beast he had just frozen. Suddenly, the dim light from the flowers in the cavern started to dull.

"What is going on?" I asked as I took out my bow.

"I'm not sure, but I don't like it," SubZero said as he prepared to cast an ice spell. I rushed over to SubZero and looked around us. Suddenly, the frozen beast started to glow an electric shade of green.

"Uh, is the beast supposed to do that?" I asked as I pointed an arrow at the beast.

"No, this one appeared as if it never touched magic in its life. Something is off," He said as he created a ball of ice in his hand.

"Yeah, this feels weird," I said as I looked at the beast. Suddenly the green light took the form of a human. I felt a shiver run down my spine as I looked at the human.

"Who is that?" SubZero whispered. The human grinned as it floated down to us.

"Long time no see, Eria," The ghost said.

This voice, I recognize it! I thought as I looked at the ghost fearfully.

"Myles," I whispered. A green aura surrounded him and it looked as if it were smoking off of him. 

"Who the hell is that?" SubZero asked as he pointed an ice spell in his direction. 

"You're about to find out," Miles said evilly.