The Dragon

We quickly pulled away from our group hug. I looked down to see my fin finally morphing back into my legs. I sighed a breath of relief as I stood up and dusted myself off.

"Where is the next challenge?" Freya asked as she looked around the cavern.

"I-I believe it may be where that cave is opening up," Volt said as he pointed ahead of us. I turned my head around to see a cavern opening up where Midas' trophy shelf was.

"One quest down, three more to go," I said as I headed into the passageway. The group and I walked along the dimly lit passageway until it slowly started to get darker and darker.

"Hey Volt, can you make another lightning bolt? It's getting kinda dark in here,"

"Let me see if it will work now," Volt said as he attempted to create a bolt of lightning.

"I don't think it's working for now," He said as he turned to me.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about our magic not working. But how are we supposed to see in the dark now?" I asked as we continued to walk. I looked behind us to see the light slowly dimming.

"I'm not sure. Let's hold hands so that we won't lose track of each other though," I said as I stopped. I quickly grabbed Volt's hand.

"SubZero, Freya, come back here!" I shouted. There was no response. I sighed as I started to walk again.

"We have to find them before they do something stupid again," I said. Volt didn't say anything.

"Hey, you alive?"

"O-Oh yeah," He stuttered.

"Well, I didn't know that. If you can't tell, we're stuck in the dark so I can't look at you. You're gonna have to speak up," I said as we continued to walk.

"O-Okay," Volt said fearfully.

"Thank you," Suddenly, I felt a strong gust of wind in front of me.

"Volt, was that you?" I asked as I stopped walking.

"N-No, we can't use magic, remember?" He said.

"It must be your final boss," I said.

"Indeed. It must have similar abilities to m-mine,"

"Can you use your magic now?" I asked.

"Let me try," he said. Suddenly a faint bolt of lighting appeared next to me.

"It worked," he said as his face lit up. I smiled.

"Could you strike the ceiling or something? We have to find this beast,"

"That wouldn't b-be very smart," Volt said.

"Oh yeah, my bad," I said.

"M-Maybe if you created little balls of water and I s-struck them with lightning it would conduct it and create light," He said.

"Volt you should talk more often and suggest excellent ideas like the one you just did!" I said as I created four water balls. Volt quickly struck them with lightning and they dimly lit up the room. I looked around to see that we were trapped in a cavern, similar to the one we were just in. The walls were made up of jagged black stone, with hints of gold illuminating due to the light from the water orbs. In the middle was a short, circular podium made up of a combination of gold and black stone.

"What kind of beast do you think is in here?" I asked as I turned to Volt. His face looked as if he had just seen a ghost.

"Hey, I get that my good looks can shock people but are you-" He put a hand to my mouth as he pointed to the ceiling. I slowly looked up to see a white dragon perched upon a steel arch. Hanging from the arch was a cage. I looked closer to see that Freya and SubZero were knocked unconscious, and were trapped in there.