Camilo/Fem!OC(Valentia)

(Author's note) This chapter is shorter than my first, I'm so sorry! :( 

Even so, I had fun writing it and I hope you enjoy! Again, no hate, please! 

prompt: Lilacpurple101: maybe a camilo x oc? maybe camilo sees oc get hurt in the town and he gets rlly protective over her?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frutos Baeza is a literary genius. His writings completely changed my life.

I've wanted to be an author since I was little. True, I'm only fifteen and I live in a very small town where almost no one leaves, but I can dream!

My name is Valentina Ortiz. I live in a magical Encanto run by the Madrigal family. Each member (except for Mirabel) had a special gift. And I'm lucky enough to be best friends with one of them.

Camilo Madrigal, also fifteen, gift: shapeshifting! He and I hang out a lot, as best friends do.

I start walking to Camilo's house after I finished my chores for the day when suddenly a group of boys jump out from an alleyway!

They grab me and pull me into it. I try to scream for help, but one of them shoves his hand in front of my mouth.

"We've got you now!" The ringleader of the boys snarls, "no Camilo to protect you!" Two of them grab my arms and hold me upright, stopping me from running away.

"What are we gonna do boss?" One of them asks.

The most ratlike boy I have ever seen steps forward and pulls out a knife, "can I cut her? Pretty please?"

The ringleader thinks for a moment, one which fills me with fear, before he says, "no, that's too noticeable. I think I'll punch the living daylights out of her instead."

I try to scream again and squirm, wanting to pull away from them. The ringleader pulls back his fist, an evil glint in his eyes when Luisa jumps down from the roof above us and grabs his arm!

All of a sudden Luisa turns into Camilo! Or rather, Camilo turns back into himself.

"Now would be a good time to run," He snarls.

The other boys, including the ones holding me, run away, scattering in different directions.

On the other hand, the ringleader stands his ground, "I'm not afraid of you! You want a fight, you've got one!"

Camilo's eyes are darker than I've ever seen them. The funny, teasing Camilo I knew is gone, at least while the boys are threatening me.

He turns into Luisa again and steps forward threateningly. The ringleader, despite his comment, is shaking like a leaf about to fall.

Camilo pulls back his fist and I knew that if I didn't do something he would punch the other boy.

I jump forward and grab his elbow.

"What-? Valentina what are you doing?!" He snaps. I immediately let go, recoiling back like he had hit me. The ringleader takes this chance to run away, Camilo starts to go after him but realizes that I'm upset.

As soon as he sees that he did scare me the Camilo I know and loves comes back. He leaps to my side, "Val, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to-!"

"It's okay Camilo," I sigh and rub my neck, "thank you. Without you I would probably be a puddle right now," I chuckle awkwardly, trying to lighten the mood.

"They didn't hurt you, right?" He cups my face, turning it side to side. I swat his hands away.

"Yes I'm fine, stop worrying! You're acting like my mom," I grin. He smiles and teasingly offers me his arm. I link mine through it and we walk back to his house, chatting about what we did earlier.