Day 1: The Past

(Based on my art from the top :D)
(Also Trigger Warning for mentions of attempting to force gender on someone)

Growing up, Dream never thought that anyone would enter his and his twin's life. Especially when he was already content with the way it was. Sure, it's a bit lonely, but he got his twin and that was enough in on itself.

So when the villagers had began to build a village around the tree, he couldn't help but feel insecure and unsafe. He was sure that his sibling felt the same way too judging by how uncomfortable his twin looked as they stared at the villagers.

The twins didn't know why the villagers built a village around their tree, nor did they began to try and get to know them, as they talk in an entirely different dialect that the twins couldn't understand.

Soon enough though, one of them seems to notice their trouble and had this thing called 'teacher' teach them their language.

That's how they knew of the english dialect, but they still sometimes talk in their language of guardian whispering time to time, especially when they want to be secretive amongst themselves.

Eventually though, another year has passed and the village has been fully built and done. The villagers found joy in talking with Dream but nervousness and Anxiety when talking to his twin, Nightmare. They soon began to think that their negative emotions is because of the negative twin and began to insult and berate him during the months of building the village.

Dream, all sunshine and rainbows, didn't notice that his brother was becoming a victim of something sinister, the corrupted SOULs of the villagers grew starting at that point and Dream was too naive and innocent to notice at the time.

That was, until at some point during their time, Dream had begun fearing some of the things the villagers were gifting him. It was all weird, and he didn't like some of it... Two or three of them being a dress, a few skirts and some even have notes where they had written that Dream was better off a girl... He didn't like it.

His brother however... It was an entire different story. Dresses and skirts that was meant to be for Dream, Nightmare wore it instead, and with pride. Dream was happy that Nightmare looked happy wearing the dresses, so he guessed that it wasn't all bad after all.

One day though, there was a festival that was happening, actually, it was a festival to celebrate the day the village had found the magical apple tree. It was a fun and happy festival... That tried it's best to not include Nightmare, but Dream had caught on with the stares when they saw Nightmare wearing the dress as they walked. He could tell Nightmare was also uncomfortable.

So they waited for a few minutes, Dream making sure to hold Nightmare close as possible. Though, unwilling to them, a portal had materialized not far from the tree. A black bones skeleton cladded in clothes the same color as him wiith a mix of blue, red and gold, looked around in awe with starry eyelights. This was his first time leaving his VOID after all! It looked so cool!

Also, there was a pretty tree too! It had shiny apples! Black and Gold, he doubts that's normal, but then again, what is considered normal with his life.

"AAAAAAAAAA!" The black boned skeleton's eyelights snapped to the side when he heard a scream, he then quickly acted on instinct.

"DON'T WORRY DREAM! I'LL SAVE- oof" The skeleton then yeeted that bunny rabbit outta there, nuh uh, he's seen the cutie, he's gonna be the hero. "I'M HERE! I'M QUEER AND I'M READY TO SAVE YOU!" He exclaimed before scourying the scene of the crime then quickly noticing how Dream was just hiding behind Nightmare while an owl was on the table.

Oh, what a cute owl. The black skeleton then went over and gave it a little pet before carefully lifting it up and making a flying motion. The owl quickly flew away. Dream gasping in shock at the sight of pretty skelly, rushing towards him and then smacking his hands on his cheekbones. "My hero!" Dream gasped. The other skeleton raised a hand to correct Dream, but only bursted into a fit of giggles while Nightmare began to wheeze at the scene.

"Hey... I've never seen you before." Dream realized, gasping a bit. "And your body is also a skeleton! Cool!" "Yeah..." The skeleton then sheepishly smiled before outstretching a hand. "My name's... Uh... Sans... I guess? But just call me Error for less confusion." Error spoke and Dream perked up, holding Error's hand as Nightmare then walked towards them. "Dream! And that's my brother, Nightmare!" Dream cheered.

"Cool names!" Error gasped and Nightmare blinked before smiling softly at the compliment. "Thank you..." "Thank you!" Dream knew that it was just gonna get even more interesting from this day onward. And they're nice to Nightmare too!

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

AAAAAAND THAT'S FIRST DAY!

Hope you guys liked it! And make sure to read the description, for the love of all that is holy above and below.