o. prologue

Callie dove into her bed with a loud thud and groan. She let her heavy body sink into the mattress covered with a red velvet blanket. Her short and wavy chestnut brown hair made its way to her face. She didn't bother to wipe or even blow the strands away.

It was an exhausting day. Her brain could not process all the information and mathematical formulas thrown at her back in class. She couldn't almost keep up with what their instructor was explaining on the board. No doubt about it as it was obvious with her constant knitting eyebrows.

Callie would admit that she wasn't her best self that day. Her mind kept wandering off as her instructors discussed the important days of history, the mathematical equations, how to derive and solve them, how physics works, et cetera.

Her brain cells seemed to be frying and fading into existence as she answered their quiz for that day. It was one of those long days at school and she couldn't get used to it.

But Callie needed to get up. She had tons of homework to finish and there was not enough time if she let the mattress absorb her entirety. Unfortunately, she had no energy to do anything.

She got up and sat on the edge of her bed, shoulders slumped. Sighing, she stared at her shelf of various Harry Potter collectibles.

It was her beloved collection that no one other than herself was allowed to touch. She had been a fan ever since she watched the first movie. It was recommended to her by her peers and seeing its popularity, she gave it a chance. And Callie never regretted doing so. Despite the books being a decade older and the movies a few years older than her, she still became a fan. No one is too old or too young to be one.

Some might call this obsession, but Callie would call this happiness, a safe haven. Through being in this fandom, she met great friends online. It became her comfort zone whenever she was feeling down. It was her motivation.

Callie liked both the Golden Trio and the Marauders. She could never choose one between the two. Ask her to pick between anything but never between that two precious groups she held dear.

The sight of her beloved merchandise gave her the energy to at least stand up and move towards them. She reached for her robes——official ones, of course——hanging on a hatstand and putting it on. There's a Gryffindor crest on the left as she was under the house according to the test she took a few years ago.

Callie also took her wand——an official one too——that is carefully placed on a wand stand in one of the sections of her shelf. And for the last touch, she took the Marauders Map gifted to her by her friend who introduced her to the wizarding world. She was Sam, her bestest friend who gifted her the map on her sixteenth birthday just more than a week ago.

She asked that friend of hers where she bought the map as it looked really authentic, a little crispy on the sides but the quality seemed to be like of was made officially.

Sam's reply was, "Actually, there was this old man who randomly asked me if I needed something to gift to someone. I don't know how he knew about it but he just showed me the map and told me to pay for it. It was weird but the map looks really like in the movies so I took it."

It was a little questionable, yes. But it had been a week or so already and nothing bad had happened yet.

Using her wand, Callie tapped it and uttered, "I solemnly swear that I'm up to now good."

She used to do this when she was tired. Dress up, act like she was in the movies, prance around her room in the robe, or watch the movies looking like that.

This was her first time with the map. And it just made her look even more complete.

Nothing happened as usual. Until she felt a sudden headache strike her head like a stab of a knife. It was just a small pain at first but slowly, it was becoming worse and worse. Her skull was as if being torn into two. Her vision got blurry with every breath she took.

She kept her wand and map in her hands as she stumbled back to her bed making her sit back down. Her stomach churned as though she wanted to throw up but couldn't. The earth seemed to spin fast like everything was in two times speed.

What was with the sudden headache? Was it because of too much stress? Callie would blame the school for that.

Purple spots started filling her view. Her breaths were shortening. She was suddenly even more tired than earlier. She kept on fighting the urge to give up and let herself sleep. But it was tiring. As if all her energy was being taken away.

She fought it and fought it. But it was too much.

Finally giving up, Callie let the darkness suck her into the void.

°°°

A/N: The Harry Potter series and characters do not belong to me, all credits belong to their rightful owners. This fanfiction is written purely for entertainment purposes only.

English is not my first language so expect grammatical and typographical errors. If there's any mistake, I apologize in advance. Please educate me properly. I'm researching to make sure that I will make fewer mistakes.

Curse words are toned down. If you still find them offensive, please do tell me and I'll edit them.

Originally posted: 01.01.22

Hello again, everyone! It's good to be back! I'm starting to edit this book since that's what I've been planning for months now.

Nothing major edits will happen. I'll just try to improve the quality of my writing since some parts were cringe and the plot holes. So, yeah.

Again, I can't promise consistent updates but hopefully, I can be consistent. Univ isn't very pleasant and it's still midterm exams week so there's that I have to focus on.

Also, some curse words will be there to make it more relatable and realistic. It would just be censored.

So, yeah. That's all.