xl. movement

Callie took the World Turner off around the boys but she kept it hidden beneath her clothes like a necklace.

Nothing changed in the Shack. It was still how they left it.

"What do we do now?" James asked as they formed a circle.

"If we're going to bring down Voldemort, we have to destroy that one last Horcrux. Any idea where he could be?" The plan was sidetracked so now, they had to go back on the racetrack. They had to continue the plan and go on. They had to finish the race and race faster than Voldemort.

Voldemort's aim was to push them off the tracks. He successfully did. Only for a moment. Thank the heavens and everyone Callie could thank that they managed to find their way back.

"We always had our meeting in the Lestrange Manor. That's where they held us. Maybe he's there with the locket," said Regulus.

Callie nodded. "Right. But we can't go there with just us. We need help."

That was her mistake before. They didn't have reinforcements at the beginning of their mission. She asked Dumbledore and he hadn't responded yet she didn't want him or him sending kids as reinforcements. She had seen the movies and read the books enough to decide that this war should not involve kids fighting. And definitely, not have Dumbledore lead.

And this war was different than before. Before, Voldemort didn't know her or their actions so moving with a small group would be the most likely option. But now, Voldemort knew her and what they did. There was no sense of hiding anymore. And certainly no sense in harbouring a small group to fight him. The last time they did, they ended up with Cruciatus Curse.

"We've got no time to spare," Sirius shook his head. "Who knows what Voldemort is doing now?"

"We have to divide the work," Remus suggested. "We need those who will secretly take the locket and destroy it and those who will call for help."

Splitting might not be the best action base on their experiences while doing this mission. But Sirius was right, their time was ticking and they had no idea what Voldemort had in mind for them. Callie was sure he was searching for them. But she had no idea to what extent.

"I'll help to retrieve the locket. I know my way around the manor," said Regulus.

Maybe, being a former Death Eater wasn't so bad after all. Of course, he regretted being one and idolizing the person who put them through a wand. But if he didn't, then their assets would decline even more. If he wasn't one, they wouldn't be able to have an idea where the locket was or any of the contributions he'd done.

"I'll be with Regulus." Of course, Sirius wouldn't allow his brother alone in the very same household that brought back his trauma of the Cruciatus Curse. No. He wouldn't do that. He would be with his brother. He wouldn't accept any complaints.

Lucky for him, there was none.

"I'll be with them." And of course, Callie didn't want to leave them both alone for the same reason as Sirius. But unlike him, there was a complaint.

And the complaint came from Regulus. "No, you're not going with us."

"But-"

"No buts, Callie. It's dangerous there."

"Exactly! That's why I'm going with you." If it was dangerous, she couldn't just sit back and not know what was happening to them.

The three Marauders knew what would happen next. They turned their back on them and planned their move. The two can quarrel as much as they wanted without them having to witness it.