v. prelude

"Good morning!" chimed Sirius as the four of them entered Callie's room. Peter behind him went forward to give Callie her breakfast and James folded his cloak that they used.

She was just drying her short hair on the bed, freshly out of the bath wearing a mid-length sleeves maroon shirt and trousers. Callie figured it was Lily's clothes. And when James said he took some pairs of his girlfriend's clothes, he didn't mean it as just sweaters, shirts, pants, skirts but more than that. And she's thankful he thought of that.

There was a room in the shack that seemed to be a bathroom. Remus pointed it out to her yesterday. That was how she was able to clean herself before sleeping and take a bath before they arrived.

"Good morning. You seem enthusiastic," Callie replied with a smile, taking the breakfast from Peter, and mouthing him thank you.

"An adventure is awaiting," Sirius shrugged.
Indeed, there is. A dangerous one. After giving Callie her dinner yesterday, they set up the next day to commence their plan, more specifically, step 1: get a weapon. She had briefed them on what to do and all of them were hoping for a successful outcome. 

None of them could sleep last night. The Marauders were busy looking forward to the next day. Sirius and James were more excited than Remus and Peter who were slightly worried and overthinking the plan. Callie, despite not having slept for more than twenty-four hours, could not enter the dreamland. Her mind was still processing what was happening and what might happen. What she just put herself into was something she could not just turn her back on. Despite the fears, Callie had no intention of leaving her beloved characters suffering. Not now.

"Have your breakfast so we can go," said Remus and she did what she was told.

That day was Saturday; there were no classes hence why they decided that that day was the perfect day to execute a plan. They had nothing to do and no classes to attend to. 

Callie immediately ate her meal. A simple full English breakfast meal and a cup of coffee were enough to energise her for the day. Getting a weapon wasn't as easy as it sounded. It would take a ton of luck to sneak and fight a monster she had only daydreamed to bravely face (back then when she was imagining herself to be in the Harry Potter movie). But she had to.

After finishing her breakfast, Callie took her wand and presented herself to the Marauders, wiping her lips with the back of her hand. "I'm ready," she said. "Are you?"

James and Sirius, without hesitation, nodded with a big grin. But Peter and Remus, who were unsure, exchanged wary glances.

They exited the shack. James gave Callie the cloak for her to hide beneath it. With a thank you, she wrapped it over her shoulders, around her neck. Her smile was wide in glee as she just wore the invisibility cloak!

If only Callie had her phone, she had taken a photo of it on her. Unfortunately, she couldn't bring it with her or else under some circumstances, it would break in pieces—something she would like to avoid at any cost. She decided to just do so after Step 1.

As soon as they were completely outside, Callie covered her head so she wouldn't be seen. The four boys surrounded her to make sure no one would crash on her. Yet, they still made sure she had enough space to not trip. The Marauders craned their heads about, trying to look as casual as possible as they slipped a person from a different world inside the castle grounds (spoiler alert: they looked anything but casual).

Step 1.1: visit Dumbledore's office.

And so, they walked towards that way, greeting some students along the way—mostly Sirius with a wide grin. It was going very smoothly until a certain auburn-haired girl, hugging a few thin books, stopped them from going further.