20

The nights festivities continued and the two rejoined the party looking happier than before. When Tommy disappeared from her side she began to grow restless.
"Careful, you look unhappy in marriage." Polly came to stand beside her.
"He promised no business today." She watched as Arthur snuck into a room drawing the door closed behind him.
"And you believed him? Come now iris you know Tommy."
"Unfortunately ain't pol... I do." She walked off to check on some other guests.

That's night she made her way to the bed room watching her husband watching guests leave from the window.
"Come here pet." She did as coming to his embrace through the cigarette smoke where he held her close just enjoying each-other for a moment. "My mrs Shelby..."
"My mr Shelby..."

Married life wasn't too different but a storm was brewing in the company. A storm that would take lives and hurt almost everyone they loved. Including themselves. Tommy had been meeting with people non stop and his doting wife began to worry. But today was a different one.
The open rang at the Shelby offices. John didn't stop to listen instead he drove as quickly as he could to tommys home where his sister in law was waiting on the porch.
"What happened?" She pointed to the office and the man rushed in looking at the man stood with a glass of whiskey. "And who the fuck are you." He demanded looking at the hard faced man.
"Donovan lance. Pleased to meet you. Which Shelby are you."
"John. What are you doing here?" He smiled.
"I came looking for my brother. Billy lance. I thought his ex may know where he is. Turns out I was wrong." She looked at John slightly fearful. And he gave her some reassurance.
"Well yeah you were so you can leave now."
"Oh I don't think so." John frowned wondering if he should've bought Arthur with him. "You see my brother wasn't a nice man. And if I find out any of you had anything to do with his disappearance well...  you'll find out he wasn't the only one in my family who isn't so nice." And with that it walked to the door, stopping next to iris. "That includes you my dear. In fact I'll take great pleasure in it:" he left and she looked to John.
"I'm calling Tommy."
"No John please don't tell him." John paused looking the girl up and down.
"Why?"
"I don't need him going mad it's my mess I'll fix it I just didn't want anything happening to Charles okay." John nodded.
"alright. Alright fine. I'll take Charles down to London to Ada. You sort this. Tommy won't find out." She nodded looking more than relieved.
"Thank you John."

Tommy returned home and she was still arranging things for the dinner party Tommy wanted he walked over locking his arms around her dangling a chain infront of her face.
"Holy shit Tommy." He looked at the sapphire infront of her and he chuckled putting it around her neck with a smile.
"A woman as beautiful as you deserves a necklace just as grand. I thought u might wear it at the party." She looked at him with a nod and placed a kiss on his lips.
"Of course Tommy whatever you want mr Shelby." He chuckled again pulling her by the waist.
"Right now. I want you mrs Shelby."

Three days pass and iris found her husband in the bedroom in a blind panic.
"What is it? Tommy? What's wrong?" He shook his head engulfing her into a hug.
"Nothing. Nothing pet. Come let's get ready for tonight yeah?" She gave a nod and slipped the paper from his pocket what he had been stressing about. Then she begun to get ready. They climbed into the car together and took off for the party.
The party was in full swing Tommy had disappeared and iris was left alone once again like at most events.
"I've been looking for you." She jumped slightly as he spoke.
"Donovan."
"Don't move look as though you're happy." She left the barrel of a gun being pressed to her back. She finally caught sight of Tommy talking to a woman who seemed to be laughing. "It didn't take long as all the find out what happened to billy. Now go and say goodbye to your husband. You have 30 seconds then we are going to go for a drive." He let her go and moved away as Tommy reached her.
"Iris, pet take that off." She frowned looking down at the necklace not understanding.
"What Tommy I'm just going to the bathroom I'll be back in a moment okay."
"No pet. Take that off right now. I need you okay."
"Okay okay fine I'll be back okay." He nodded and she kissed him in a way that he'd never been kissed by him before. "I love you Tommy Shelby." He frowned for a moment.
"Iris-"
"Say it Tommy please tell me you love me."
"Alright. I love you too iris now please go take that off." And then she walked to the door watching as he disappeared from her sights.
"Go now." Donovan pushed her into the next room and out the back doors.