12

Freddy thrones funeral. The family stood listening to tommy speak. Ada was beside herself grief almost killing her inside. Back at the house iris sat with all the children. Smiling to her self as she cleaned up after lunch. That was when the bang happened.
"Miss iris!" She rolled her eyes. Walking to the front door.
"What now Harry. It's my day off."
"It's the garrison. It's been blown up." She gasped a little. "We've sent a man to tell tommy. We'll stay here keeping watch just incase." She nodded.
"Thank you." She walked back inside and waited it wasn't long before Ada came to collect her Carl.
"Has he been alright." Iris gave her a hug and passed the boy his coat.
"Of course he has. How was it." Ada stayed quite and iris gave a nod. "I see"
"Could've done with having you there... I was confused when tommy said you didn't want to be there... iris you like a sister to me. Why didn't you come." The girl sat lighting a cigarette.
"I thought it would be easy with no children there. And truth be told I had a doctors appointment before. Don't worry Carl was behaved while I had it." Ada sat down looking at her friend.
"A doctors appointment?" Iris smiled a little.
"I needed tommy out of my hair while I went. God knows what he's like. And especially if he found out." She put a hand on her stomach and looked at Ada.
"Iris... you're pregnant." She smiled and Ada raced to hug her.
"Oh my god. Who knows? why haven't you told tommy? He's going to be so happy." Ada day back down and smiled.
"I wanted to make sure first. And Polly knows. So does Esme. She helped me book the doctor. It's all confirmed now. Carl's been my little helper today. Right Carl?" He nodded putting his shoes on. The other children were all sleeping aside from johns youngest who was playing with some bricks on the floor. "Ada, I know you're going up to London but I want you to be here for the birth. I'm going to need you but my side." Ada gave a nod and smiled.
"Right I need to get him home. I'll call you. And come down to London for shopping please." The two hugged and Ada kissed her cheek.
"Of course Ada. Travel safe call tommy when you get there." She walked them to the door and Carl waved.
"Bye aunt iris thank you for playing with me today." She laughed
"You are very welcome my sweet. I'll see you soon be good for your mum." Ada walked out as John walked in to collect his lot. Again asking if they were any trouble and smiled when she said no. "Oh John where is Esme?" He frowned.
"In the car." She smiled.
"I'll be right back." She ran down the stairs out to the car and Esme threw the paper down sliding across the seat.
"Well?" Iris smiled a little and looked around.
"June 15th." Esme got out quickly hugging her.
"Thank god for that." The two smiled as the door opened it was John with the kids.
"Right I better go. Oh Katie fell over and bumped her head on the table. She's fine though. And they were all good as gold" Esme laughed.
"Careful it'll be yours and Tommy's next" she smiled and said her goodbye then walked inside to start her work. She stood checking notes and taking messages for the boys and passing them to John and Polly since tommy and Arthur where absent. All in all a boring day. After her shift she decided to go and run some errands. Tommy got back just as she left again. They just missed eachother. Like always as it seemed. She got half way through those errands when Finn came out of no where with Arthur.
"I've been looking for you. Tommy called a family meeting." She huffed posting her letter and turned around.
"Fuck sake what's he done this time."

After the meeting about the move to London iris was in Tommy's office finishing some notes for him when he walked in looking angry.
"Evening tommy." He scoffed.
"Don't 'evening tommy' me." She raised and eyebrow looking up at him.
"What prey tell have I Don't this time Tom." He chuckled sitting down.
"Where did you go today? What's the real reason you didn't go to freddys funeral? Why have you been sneaking about and why won't you come near me?" She huffed getting up walking around his desk to sit on it infront of him.
"I went to run some errands, I was watching the kids, I haven't been sneaking you're paranoid and I'm near you now aren't I?" She stood up quickly grabbing her throat kissing her strongly she smiled on his lips opening her legs for him. He pushed against her with the kind of force that made her feel as though he might break her.
"Don't lie to me pet. I will kill you right now. Who is he?" She frowned looking at him. Shocked think that at all.
"Tommy I-" his hand tightened around her neck. Normally this wouldn't bother her but given her current state she was concerned. He saw that panic on her face but didn't stop. "Tommy... let go..." he only gripped tighter until she was scratching his hand attempting to push him away. "Tommy-" she choked out and he chuckled a little. That's when she scratched his face. He slammed her back against the desk climbing on top of her choking hard. Iris let out a strangled choke and held his wrist tightly still trying to pry him off.
"I'm going to loosen my hand for 3 seconds and you better tell me the truth. What are you hiding?" He let go and she gasped for air grabbing on to his shirt for support as she her head spun. He grabbed her face pulling it up to look at him.
"3... 2..."
"Tommy wait!" The doors burst open and Polly stood there. This didn't look good on his part. His hand locked around her face. Hand around her throat. His face had a sizeable scratch mark on it. Polly was more than shocked
"I'm pregnant..." she whispered out in a quiet voice. He frowned looking down at her.
"What." He said unsure weather he heard her right or not.
"She's fucking pregnant tommy get off her!" He has never moved so quickly to the point he fell over his chair and onto the floor. He sat against the wall unable to move himself. She sat on his desk still taking deep breaths calming her self down while Polly looked at him in disgust."
"Is it mine?"
"Of course it's fucking yours. Don't know if you've noticed but I don't leave the house unless it's with you." He gave a slow nod.
"So today..."
"I was at the doctors to confirm it."
"And..."
"I'm due 15th June." His head shot up to look at her.
"Pet... I'm so sorry... I thought. I've been so on edge lately. I thought something was going on. When Finn didn't know where you were for the family meeting well. My head went places." He slowly pushed himself up From the floor. She looked up and him and raised an eyebrow.
"S'alright tommy. Just ask me without the violence. I was actually waiting in here so I could tell ya." He kept his distance for a moment until she stood up.
"Tommy Shelby..." he kept his eyes on the floor and shook his head. "Tommy Shelby look at me for fuck sake." He looked at polly who nodded and he finally looked at her again. "You're gonna be a dad" he smiled taking big steps to her kissing her sweetly. Polly smiled watching the two as tommy rest his forehead on hers.
"We're having a baby..."
"Yeah."