21

Tommy sat at the table looking out for his wife to appear. The meal continued, speeches were given and she still didn't appear. After Tommy pulled polly and Ada to one side.
"Have you seen iris?"
"Not since before the meal no." Tommy began to panic. "What is it tommy..."
"I found this with a note under her pillow this morning after one of the Russians told me to check." He pulled out a bullet with her name scratched into it. "Also one of the Russians is here she told me that sapphire iris was wearing is cursed. I told her to take it off and she disappeared."
"I'll get the boys. She can't have gone far."

It was beginning to get cold outside as the two walked. Iris' dress did little to keep her warm and her high heels didn't help her when walking through the woods. She tripped every now and again becoming slightly scared for her own life.
"Where are we going?"
"Keep walking." The lights from the party had gone long out of view they stopped after a while and he threw down a bag opening it. She was more than scared when he threw her a shovel. "Start digging." She picked up the shovel and did as told while he sparked a cigarette. She dug for what seemed like hours when finally he stopped her "get on your knees." She did it. "Take off your dress." Again she did it. "And the necklace." She did that and tossed them too him. "Now. I'm gonna enjoy this." She looked up to see a crowbar in his hand then it hit her under the chin. She was sent flying backwards she groaned on the ground for a moment before he swung it again.

"Tommy! Tommy! John needs to tell you something!" Ada dragged the brother over and John looked scared for his life.
"Well?!"
"I- a couple days ago iris called me to the house a guy was there... he was Billy's brother he... he threatened her. I haven't seen him since but..."
"And you didn't tell me?!"
"Tommy she begged me not to she was scared." Tommy shook his head getting up. "We'll talk later right now we need to find my wife."
"Tommy!"Arthur appeared holding a glove. "It's heard we found it at the edge of the woods out back."
He looked at it and nodded.
"Good girl iris. Come on let's go. Bring the guns. She's left a trail."

"You gave my brother a quick death I have to thank you for that." He grabbed her by the back of the head pulling her head back. "You won't be so lucky. And after I'm done with you I'm going after every single Shelby including Tommy and that little bit of yours." She let out a cry as he pulled out some wire starting to tie her hands as quickly as he could the wire cutting into her skin. She pulled out a pocket knife and started to cut her arms and sides and she screamed "do you ever shut up?" He grabbed the discharged dress and tore a bit shoving it into her mouth.

"Iris!"
"Iris love!"
"Come on sweetheart where are you!" They all walked through the woods in a line trying to find the girl. Ada stopped beside Tommy and he frowned.
"What is it?" She knelt down picking something up handing it to him. It was her wedding band. Tommy placed it into his pocket "let's keep going she must be close."

Everything was hurting he finally cut her arms loose and pulled the crow bar back out. She whimpered through blurry vision as she saw hun raise it above his head. Then, she heard the shouts.
"Iris!" Her husbands voice boomed through the woods.
"Tommy-" she was cut off by the bar coming down on her then there was a gun shot. Donovan fell into the grave she had dug and she could hear people running as she laid in the dead leaves looking up at the stars her breathing became heavy.

"Iris! Iris! Can you hear me!" Tommy was on his knees beside her "she's freezing." He took off his coat wrapping it around her. She let out a moan as he looked at her bruises touching one a little too hard. "Iris pet?"
"Tommy...." They could see her trying to focus her eyes but was completely failing "you found me..."
"Always pet. Let get your home okay? I'm gonna pick you up alright?" She nodded a little as he picked her up carrying her all the way back to the house polly raced out of the door with John looking at the state of the girl in pure fear. "She's freezing she needs to warm up."
"In the car. Let's get her home me John will drive you we'll all get to the house to help." He nodded in fear that the girl in his arms was more hurt than he could see when he looked at Ada who had her dress and the necklace.
"No wait. Micheal take that fucking sapphire and bury it. I don't want it anywhere near my family."