14

Sabinie sat opposite her. Her bruised face looking back at him as he drunk his tea.
"It's Epsom. You know what that means?" She huffed leaning forward.
"You're going to kill my tommy." He chuckled.
"You're a very smart girl miss Brant." She looked down her bump was getting bigger certainly bigger than when tommy last saw her. It had been about 5 months. She had been left there. Tommy had sent letters all of which sabinie had read to her laughing to himself about Tommy's optimism on getting her back to him. She had asked to write back. He never allowed it. He had tried to come for her several times. Sabinie had told her and had his men beat her. One of his men pulled her hair so hard a piece of her scalp came with it. Naturally they sent it to tommy. He didn't attempt to come again. Sabinie sat looking at her. "Get dressed. You're coming with me today. And if tommy tries anything I'll shoot you." She bit her lip.
"Give a girl some privacy?" He chuckled.
"I don't think so."

She sat in the car waiting. They had already left when Sabinie looked at her.
"You know love I'm going to mess you. Especially when I drive a bullet through that pretty little face of yours." He grabbed her face as he spoke And smiled. "We ought to have a little fun before you go." He placed a hand on her leg with a sick smile. She raised her hand slapping him harder than he's every been hit by a woman before. A man pulled a gun out. "No no. It's fine. Keep her somewhere privet and knock her about a bit." They pulled up and she was dragged out of the car quicker than anything she'd experienced. They took her to a small empty room and sat her down. Waiting. Just waiting for the order. A gun trained on her every move. She looked around once again and smiled.
"I need to piss." The man rolled his eyes and turned around to open the door. That was when he heard a gun click. "Sabinie should be more careful." That was when the 3 knocks hit the door. The signal for her death. She shot the gun killing the man instantly and walking out of the room. She walked through the crowds and up to the bar. The race had already started when he walked in. "Tommy..." she sighed out in relief. He try really his hat down running to her in the empty bar. He held her so tight in fear she might get away from him.
"Your face. I'll kill him for this Iris I swear." She smiled holding his face letting her tears fall.
"I know Tom. I know you will." He finally allowed a tear to slip as he held her kissing her like it was the last time.
"Look at you... god pet. You are never getting out of my sights again you hear me!" She nodded clinging on to him listening to how fast his heart was beating. He pulled her off gently looking at her bump. "That got big." She laughed.
"Yes yes it did." He dried her tears and nodded.
"Come on. Let's get you home alright?"

They got home and laid in bed together his hands on her bump and a smile on his face.
"Pet?" She hummed in response and only looked over when he got up. "I promised I would do this the night you were taken. But that didn't happen. So. Iris Brant. You mean the world you me. Would you do me the honour of becoming my wife." She sat up with a smile.
"Yes Thomas Shelby." He smiled jumping into the bed pulling her into a kiss. He put the ring into her and smiled.
"I love you pet. And nothing will ever change that." She smiled and her face dropped. "What. What is it." She looked down as he did. The mattress was full of water. She placed a hand on her stomach hissing in pain.
"Shit." She hissed again grabbing Tommy's hand shouting out in pain. "Tommy the baby's coming." He looked at her wide eyed and shouted for help.
"The baby's coming." He smiled. Kissing her forehead. "It's coming" she kissed her again and she laughed. Then groaned in pain.
"Fuck! Where the fuck is Polly!" Just as she said it polly was right there.
"I'm here love. Right here." She pushed iris' night gown up and looked at tommy. "You've got 3 seconds to decide if you're staying or going." He looked at her holding her hand tighter.
"I'm staying pol." She nodded.
"Right. Tell Arthur to get us some towels and boiled water. Now." He ran to the door shouting out soon enough he handed it all to tommy. He gave it all the polly and Kent next to iris on the bed. "Right iris on the next pain you need to push as hard as possible alright?" She nodded holding Tommy's hand in fear.
"You can do this pet." He watched her pained face as she let out an awful scream.
He thought his hand might break by the time she finished. Polly seemed concerned as she felt around and iris laid on the bed exhausted. It had been 5 hours and tommy thought they all might break.
"Right. Shit." Tommy looked from his exhausted fiancé to his frustrated aunt and frowned.
"What." She looked and tommy and huffed.
"There's a problem." He looked at her with a shocked looked "Tommy the baby's round the wrong way. We need to stand her up." He nodded and shook iris lightly.
"Pet come on."
"You need to stand up okay. Baby's misbehaving." They both helped her up and Polly knelt below her with a towel. "Right tommy hold her up. Iris. Listen to me. It's very important not to push okay. On your next one don't push. You might hurt the baby okay. I'll tell you when to push." She let her tears fall as tommy stood behind her holding her against his chest holding her hands tightly. She screamed out in pain fighting not to sink down to the floor tommy held her tightly and felt like he might cry himself. "You're doing fine sweetheart nearly there!" She sobbed shaking her head.
"I can't do it." She cried out holding Tommy's hand.
"Well sweetie baby isn't going to stop. Tommy talk to the girl!" He ran his thumb over her knuckles and through for a moment.
"I can't do it tommy." She sobbed trying not to fall to her knees.
"Yes you can pet." She shook her head with a whimper. "Yes you fucking can. Come on pet. You can do it. I know it hurts I know. But we're nearly there." She screamed out again as another contraction hit her Polly gasped smiling.
"We have his legs! Nearly there iris! Give me a little push just a little one." Tommy looked down in disbelief.
"His?" Polly looked up and smiled.
"Hear that pet it's a boy. Come on now. You're doing so well okay. I'm so proud of you." With one last scream Polly shouted iris huffed collapsing into Tommy's arms he laid her down on the bed looked at how exhausted she was. He smiled brushing the hair out of her face with a smile. They both heard the cries fill the room and smiled. "You did it pet... you did it..."