9

"And how is your mission going" the man spoke in a hushed voice as they looked at uninteresting art work in the gallery.
"There's a problem." Grace said softly looking at the same dull painting.
"Is the man being difficult." Campbell chuckled quietly to himself.
"No but his girlfriend is. She won't give him up without a fight." Campbell gave a nod.
"Leave it with me." He walked away and grace smiled to herself slowly.

Iris was pulling pints at the bar when tommy walked in. She smiled but after she saw the look on his face she knew it was trouble. She followed him into the privet room and he shit the door.
"We need to leave. The guns are gone. I've lost all my standing." Iris shook her head looking at her lover.
"What. Tommy this can't be right. Surely..." he held her shoulders and gave her a stern look.
"Iris. I'm going to tell you something right now and you can not freak out." She began to grow nauseous as he gave her that look. That serious worried look same look he had when he left for war. "The inspector knows about billy. He knows about the abortion, pet, he is trying everything he can to take you away from me. To make men weak. I'm not letting that happen. Right now he is on his way here with the police. They will arrest us both and send us to the gallows. So we need to leave and we need to do it now. Am I understood?" She found it hard to catch her breath. She didn't understand any of it. They were so careful and now they could both die because of it. "Iris. Am I understood?" she nodded. Snapping back to reality.
"Come on we need to leave now." She grabbed his arm.
"Tommy wait. We don't have the time. Upstairs quick." The both got there quickly hiding in her room. "What's gonna happen tommy..." she sat on the bed with her head in her hands.
"We stay here till morning I'll talk to some of my boys from the station and sort this all out. Don't worry about a thing pet." She nodded slowly looking up at him sat in a chair smirking at her.
"What?" She leant forward in his chair pressing his finger to his lips.
"The coppers are gone... stand up." He said abruptly doing the same he walked to the corner with his back to her. She stood in the middle of the room waiting for him. He turned her gramophone in letting some music play. He slowly turned around to look at her.
"Tommy what are you doing?" He walked closer to her and held out his hand.
"Dance with me pet? Can we act normal for a moment." She took his hand and smiled only to jump when he pulled her into his chest in a quick manor. She let out a laugh as did he. They danced together until the song ended. Then he slipped a finger under her chin pulling her up to look up at him. He placed a kiss on her lips and smiled. "Yanno you're still as pretty as the day I left for war pet." She blushed placing her hand on his cheek.
"And so are you tommy." He chuckled still swaying with her.
"When all of this is over I'm gonna make an honest woman out of you." He tucked her hair behind her ear and she nuzzled her face into his palm.
"Is that a promise Shelby." He shook his head.
"No. If I promise that and anything happens to me I dread to think what you, polly and Ada would do to me." She gave a smirk grazing her thumb over his cheek.
"Maybe I'll turn you down." He chuckled once again this time he picked her up dropping her on the bed. The two of them laughed as he fell on top of her.
"Pet, you and I both know we will be fine. And we will be married one day. I promise..." there was a knock on the door and tommy shot off of her as grace walked in.
"There you are. It's safe. They've left." Tommy gave a nod.
"Thank you grace. We're staying here tonight." Iris stood up with a smile.
"I'll come lock the door behind you if you waiting to leave grace." Grace nodded and said goodbye to tommy. Iris gave him a peck on the cheek.
"I'll be right back tommy." She left the room for a moment. When she walked down into the bar she was shock to find 3 coppers and inspector Campbell himself. She turned as quickly as possible knocking a bottle over. The smash disturbed tommy who was laying on the bed smoking a cigarette. He ran down the stairs as quietly as possible holding his gun.
"Iris  Brant you are being arrested for the Murder of billy Robin's and the practice of illegal abortion. You have the right to remain silent." Tommy watched as they cuffed her she winced at the tightness of the cuffs. There was nothing he could do. He had to be on the outside to help her. He watched as they took her away. Grace locked the door behind them with a huff. In an instant tommy had her pinned to the wall.
"What the hell did you do grace."