27

A lot had changed in the next few years. Tommy had been elected mp for the Labour Party. Iris hand given him a daughter and another son. She did well at his side as the doting mp's wife. And god did the press love them.
Iris arrived back other the house dismounting from her horse and walking inside.
"Miss Shelby, the phone has been ringing." She picked it up
"Shelby residence."
"Iris? It's Arthur. Something has happened where's Tommy."
"Out what's happened?"
"Everyone needs to come back to the city the stock markets crashed." Her heart dropped.
"I'll call you back." She hung up looking at the maid. And grabbing a cigarette. "Get the children ready, we're going to the city." The phone rang again. "Arthur!-"
"Iris it's ida fucking Finns been shot." She huffed. "He's alright just grazed."
"Alright I'll-"
"Daddy!"
"Fucking hell, Tommy is home I'll be back alright." She hung up walking out the office. Ruby was being held by Tommy who smiled. Giving her a kiss on the cheek.
"On the way out or just got back. I see the horses outside."
"Just got back. Tommy... we need-" a car pulled up outside.
"Tommy!" Arthur shouted. Iris rushed out taking ruby from him and ushering her away with the maid. As Arthur passed him a paper.
"I told him Monday this would happen." Arthur nodded.
"He held on." Tommy threw the paper down ready to explode.
"He held on? I fucking told him! But no he held on and carried on fucking in the snow?!" Tommy took a breath.
"Charlie!" He called to his son upstairs. "Charlie come down here!" He got no reply.
"Tommy Charlie is still upset about the horses" Iris explained to her husband who chuckled.
"He never listens Iris. Kid never listens! What do I have to do to make people fucking listen to me!" He screamed. Then took a moment. "Iris go to the city with Arthur, tomorrow I want a meeting with the board of directors at noon."
"What about today Tommy!" Arthur protested as they followed from the house.
"I need to do some thinking." He got on a horse and rode off leaving them alone and Iris huffed.
"Couldn't have waited half an hour Arthur? Kids! Get ready to leave! Now!" She stormed back inside.

Iris sat next to polly with the rest of the family in the most rage filled meeting ever. Never a dull moment in a Shelby family meeting. Arthur spoke of the stock market as Iris read the notes listening to him. Tommy entered and Linda opened her mouth making Iris roll her eyes.
"Linda after this meeting there will be one for just family."
"Don't we get a vote?" Linda smiled and Tommy huffed.
"Arthur?"
"Arthur control your wife." Linda mocked and Iris chuckled a little, Tommy tapped her hand and she stopped. He then carried on about the money. Then Linda walked out and Iris smiled.
"So the grown ups can talk now?"

After this the family walked down to the garrison together looking untouchable as they walked. The pub cheered as they walked in Tommy shaking hands smiling he ushered everyone into another bar with the promise of a free pint and everyone cheered doing as asked. The family then sat around opening a bottle of whiskey.
"First matter of business, we find somewhere else to meet." Iris huffed sparking a cigarette.
"Your husband believes being seen mixing with the common people is good politics." Ada replied taking a cigarette from her.
"Hmmm well if this is our campaign for socialism perhaps aunt pol shouldn't wear earrings worth more than the pub." Polly laughed passing her a glass pouring one for herself.
"Anyway. Family meeting." Ada slammed a bullet on the table. "That's from Finns arm yesterday."
"You have to be fucking kidding me." Iris groaned
"I told Finn to stay out of it he obviously didn't listen" Iris laughed a little.
"Ah yeah listens to you like I did when you told me I would know what's going on. So what's in china town Tommy?"
"50 thousand pound in cash." Ada choked on her drink.
"Apparently they were sent to kill someone."
"That kid needs educating" Arthur groaned.
"Jesus fucking Christ Tommy!" Iris shouted.
"It was a particular opportunity." Polly said lowly and Tommy elaborated.
"It was presented to be in confidence. So I dealt with it in confidence"
"But you didn't tell your wife?"
"The bastard was selling kids Iris. We didn't want to upset you."
"Holy fuck!" Ada gasped "so your business is improving the world?"
"It was commissioned by the House of Lords and Scotland Yard. I didn't want to upset you so I didn't tell you."
"Alright, whatever. We will talk later." Tommy huffed.
"Alright pet."
"Jesus Christ! How can you be alright with that Iris! He's going to hang himself!" Ada got up storming out. Iris huffed getting up.
"I'll see you later Tommy." She walked off after her sister in law.