24

John was dead. Shot down by the Italians. Micheal in hospital. Everything was going to shit. And tommys mind was else where. The family was broken. Coming together only for the funeral. And they all stood in silence until Arthur caught sight of a woman watching from a far.
"Who is that?" Her face was hidden under a hat when they all looked to her she turned around and left slowly.
"Tommy?" Lizzie called as she watched him look to where the woman stood. "What is it?"
"I'm not sure..." they got back to the office and his new secretary called him.
"okay There's a woman here to see you Tommy" he groaned walking into his office seeing the light brown curls as the woman flicked her cigarette ash to the ground.
"I fucking knew it." She stood up turning to face him a sizeable scar across her jawline.
"Hello Thomas Shelby." He sighed in relief.
"Iris, where the hell have you been we've been so worried about you!" He rushed forward only to have a gun pointed at him.
"I swear to god stay back."
"Iris?" His eyes flowed around her face noticing the slight bruising peaking out from her top. "Come on pet... put the gun down. Let's talk about this where have you been aye?" He held up his hands to show her he was unarmed.
"You left me."
"What?"
"You fucking left me... I did nothing but stay by your side! I did it all for you Tommy! And what did I get?! Thrown to one side!"
"Pet please let talk please put the gun down." He pleaded when she began to cry.
"Did you even love me?"
"Pet you know I did... I still do please. Put the gun down." She choked on a sob.
"What happened to John?" Tommy closed his eyes for a moment.
"He got reckless... he was shot please pet give me the gun."
"No! You'll hurt me." She was shaking now and Tommy felt nothing but sadness.
"I promise I won't..."
"Shut up! You're worse than them!"
"Who? Pet please who took-" she shot the shelf next to him."
"Shut up!" The door burst open only to see Arthur jump.
"What the fuck Tommy! Why are you- iris! What are you doing!" She looked at them both in pure fear. Arthur stepped forward a little. "Iris... put down the gun sweet come on... give me the gun..."
"He'll hurt me... I can't Arthur..." she cried harder holding the gun as tight as she could.
"Tell you what... what if Tommy leaves the room we'll get aunt Polly and you give me then gun... then we'll sit and we'll talk alright?" She gave a little nod And Arthur looked to with pleading eyes. "Atta girl. Look tommys going now alright?" Tommy quickly left the room and Arthur came closer. "Come on now love let's take this..." he slipped the gun from her and she fell into him crying. "It's alright love... we'll sort all this out... atta girl... atta good girl..." Polly looked at him in shock as she saw the girl wrapped in his arms and rushed over to rub her back while Arthur whispered words of reassurance to her.

An hour later Arthur walked out the office looking at Tommy.
"Well?"
"She doesn't know who took her. All she knows is she's convinced you're going to hurt her."
"But I-"
"I know I know. Whoever took her has done a number on her. Tommy she's scared of you."