19

Iris walked back into the party stopping a random blinder taking the bottle of whiskey from him downing half of it only to hand it back. Polly walked over to her with a smile.
"Keep drinking like that you won't be standing by the time this is over." She looked at polly grabbing a glass from a waiter.
"Grace is pregnant."
"She's here?"
"She just left. I threatened to cut her." Polly looked at her.
"It's not his is it." She looked at her feet as she was called for her first dance.
"I don't know polly." She walked to the middle of the room where tommy was waiting with his hand out for her. She took it dancing slowly with him for a moment she was in bliss until he spoke.
"You're drunk pet." He states matter of factly and she hummed.
"You know what. This reminds me of when we danced the day the police came for me. Remember? When grace ruined everything?" She giggled time herself.
"Yes I remember. Why bring it up." She hummed to herself pulling herself closer.
"Because grace just payed me a visit." He pulled away looking at her in shock. "I was pregnant. Being beaten by sabinies men. And where were you tommy? In her fucking bed." He took a huff putting on a fake smile for the guests John caught on to it and started whispering to polly.
"Pet. Please don't do this now." She scoffed.
"When this dance Is over I'm going to get drunk and play in the snow. I might even go for a drive. And if you so much as try to stop me. I will fucking tell everyone." He hummed to himself holding her tighter.
"Pet it was one night it didn't mean-"
"She's pregnant tommy. It might be yours. So if it didn't mean anything well done. Now you'll have a preeminent reminder of your fuck up." The song ended and he kissed her hand. She walked away to find the closest drink while polly shook her head to him in shame.

Hours later tommy found his wife in a room with Michael and John. She sat laughing drinking whiskey and snorting cocaine off the table. Tommy watched for a moment.
"What did you do" Micheal laughed at the story John had been telling.
"Well I was so pissed off I punched the shit out of tommy." They all laughed. "He ruined my dress it was a natural reaction."tommy let out a chuckle from the doorway and the three looked over.
"Sorry boys may I have a word with my wife." They both nodded and gave her a brief smile walking out the room.
"Oh fucking hell." She laughed a little realising she was too drunk to stand.
"Having a fun night mrs Shelby." He sat down with a smile and she knocked back her glass grabbing the bottle.
"Yes mr Shelby." He felt a fire in him when she said those words. A fire he hadn't felt with anyone else. He smirked at the sight of her bottom lip caught between her teeth.
"Pet we need to have a little talk." She took a swig out of the bottle and waited for him to continue. When he didn't she spoke up.
"About grace?"
"Yes about grace." She lit her cigarette and huffed a little. "While you were in here playing with the snow I called her." She looked at him with anger before picking up the rolled note. "Oh yeah?" She took a sniff and looked back at him.
"Yes. She told me all about the night we spent together and how I was very drunk. She also told me I was too drunk to get it up and the only reason she came tonight was to talk with me. When she found you she got angry and decided to spin lies in a last attempt to drive us apart." Iris listened for a moment and then began laughing. Like really laughing hard. Tommy frowned at her and she covered her mouth.
"I'm sorry tommy. Oh fuck." She laughed for a while longer before it died down into a light chuckle. "Tommy do you mean to tell me I'm the only woman you can get it up for." He then realised what was so funny. He attempted to protest and then gave up.
"I mean I can sleep with other women iris. I was without you for a year. I managed with Lizzie in that time."
"Yes but Lizzie told me you only did her from behind and you wouldn't look at her or say anything." Tommy was in shock and thought to himself about why Lizzie would tell her. He took note of the fact his new wife was very intoxicated and would probably say anything in that moment. Including anything he wanted to hear.
"Do you love me iris." She scoffed for a moment looking at him.
"Of course I fucking do tommy. I wouldn't have done the things I've done for you if not." He gave a nod and was about to get up when she spoke. "Fuck me tommy." He looked over his shoulder at her with a frown.
"What?" She pushes herself up undoing her dress. When it dropped to the floor she looked at him.
"Come on tommy. Come fuck your wife." He turned around and sat in a chair to look at her properly.
"Well mrs Shelby. This is highly out of character for you." She stood there slipping off her bra not daring to look away from him as he looked at her body. He saw past the scars and the bruises. In that moment he saw her. He saw his wife. The girl he met as a child she now stood in front of him only loving him. "Tell you what pet. If you can walk to me without falling over I'll take you right here. If not you put your clothes back on and join the party. You sober up and wait tell later. Can you do that pet?" She smiled nodding walking to him without so much as a sway.
"Yes mr Shelby." He smirked tracing his fingers over her cheek.
"Come on then pet. Let's sort you out."