Chapter 11: Kicking

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I went to the house to see Violetta...it turned out that she arranged me to come over to see German. So instead of making up an excuse and leaving. I stayed for a cup of tea.

"It's nice that we can do things like this".

"Yeah German, it is...ooooo!".

"Angie, what's the matter?"

"Just felt the baby kick..she's been doing it for ages now".

"Can I?". He signalled that he wanted to feel her kick so I nodded.

"Yeah, you come over here though..i'm not moving".

German laughed and got up from the opposite chair from Angie.

Angie grabbed German's hand and gently placed it on her bump..they sat quietly waiting for another kick..

Suddenly German jumped.

"I'm guessing you felt that?".

"Yeah Angie, I did. It's amazing".

"I know but after a while it seems to slow down a little..but at night time when I'm laid in bed. She kicks so much..stopping me from sleeping but Emma manages to sleep through even with me awake beside her".

"Oh so..everything's going okay at your Mother's?".

"Yeah, Mum is enjoying having Ben and Emma around. She's spoiling and fussing over them. It's nice to be with my Mum, i've forgotten how much I love having her near".

"Well, i'm glad to hear..I hope your sleeping arrangements aren't always like that".

"What do you mean German?".

"I mean...erm..have you been shopping for all the baby's things".

"I'm almost finished, I just need a few bits and bobs..but I haven't bought a cot yet or car seat..I was wondering..".

Angie turned to face German.

"Wondering what Angie?".

"If you would come with me to help choose them..".

"Of course I will Angie. I'd love to".

German grabbed Angie's hand, they both smiled.