11. Change

ELIZABETH POV

Though I hadn't realised it, from the second Paul's deep chocolate brown eyes met my emerald green ones, my whole life was destined to change without me even knowing.

Change. It's something I have gotten used to since I moved.

Everything had change all at once and I found myself welcoming the idea of it. I liked things to keep me on my toes, to distract and challenge me because if things were always the same, never changing, I'd have too much time to think. To think about how everything had changed and how much I had lost in the process. I didn't want to think about that. I couldn't think about that. Not without my walls crumbling and crashing and that can't happen. I have spent too long picking myself back up for my self destructive mind to knock me back down.

I had left Emily's before Paul had gotten there, it was better that way so he had time to properly calm down and prepare what he was going to say.

_______

The next morning I went down to the small shop down the street to pick up some eggs, sugar and flower to do some baking, it was a good distraction. I didn't have anything better to do Saturday morning until I went out in the afternoon.

Once I got home, still such a foreign word, I baked some chocolate chip cookies and got some lunch. Between lunch and four, I decided to start write some notes and research points reach for mine and Paul's project if we ever get round to it.

Around 4pm, I texted Sarah and Darren letting them know I was going out again as they were both working and went upstairs to change into warm clothes. I grabbed my container filled to the brim with cookies, knowing Emily would have cooked some actual meal food for the bonfire before my phone pinged.

I'll pick you up in 10?- Leah

Okay, see you soon- Elizabeth

Around 10 minutes later, I heard a knock at the door: Leah.

I grabbed my keys, phone and cookies before following her to her car making sure to lock the door behind me first.

On the way there, I could feel Leah'd gaze on me, probably checking how I was feeling considering the recent events that could impact my whole life onwards but, to her surprise, I didn't look nervous or scared because, I wasn't. I didn't fear Paul, though I probably should considering his rumoured anger issues and the fact that he can shift into a huge, dangerous wolf at any moment but I didn't.

He's still Paul.