20. My girl

Paul and Elizabeth spent the Saturday over at Sam and Emily's with the pack, people leaving here and there for patrol.

Lizzie had a great time with the girls: Leah, Emily and Kim. They spent their time without the boys gossiping, drinking hot chocolate, watching films and eating Emily's muffins.

Paul was trying his best not to think about Lizzie whilst on patrol, not wanting to be teased by Sam who he was out with. Even though Sam is the oldest of the boys, the alpha and the most mature, he was also the biggest Smahote (Smith/Lahote) shipper going. He had always thought Paul would benefit from an imprint. They could help with his angry outbursts, his grades, his poor self worth and confidence due to his so called 'father' and his happiness.

For one second, just a split second, Paul let his thoughts show. He only realised when he saw Sam stop in his tracks on the way back towards Emily's. He offered him a look of confusion getting one of pure happiness in return. Sam spoke through his thoughts you love her? || shit. || cmon Paul relax I'm not gonna tease you || really? || yeah. I'm happy for you Paul. You deserve this. And before you say you don't, you do. Forget everything that shit of a father has ever said. You deserve to be happy Paul.

Completely out of character, Paul was speechless. He had never told Sam about that. Sam didn't even know the extent of it. All he knew was that his father was constantly putting Pauls confidence down, convincing him that he didn't deserve shit. So instead, he just nodded at his alpha and turned in the direction of Sam's place.

As Sam and Paul walked up to the house, now fully dressed and in human form, Jared and Embry passed them heading out to the patrol, nodding towards their alpha before running into the forests later followed by chatting and ripping clothes.

Sam entered the house, walking over to the couch to lean over and kiss Emily's face, whispering to her about Paul's confession, knowing she'd be safe with the secret as she doesn't have the wolves in her head. Sam told Emily everything so it was no surprise to Paul seeing her smile widely at him as he rolled his eyes in a playful manner.

Paul strides over to Lizzie with a smile on his face seeing her curled up on the couch wrapped in a blanket. He swiftly lifted her head and shoulders sitting in where her head had previously been resting on the couch and placing her back down so her head was resting in his lap before lowering his head down to kiss her forehead.

He could feel Sam's watchful eyes on him but couldn't care less, his attention was devoted completely to the girl looking up at him with pure love and admiration. His girl.

AN: we love happy Paul