13. "Goodnight Paul"

ELIZABETH POV

Everything started to finally make sense after my conversation with Leah, Paul and now (listening to the tribe elders).

Whilst I was listening to old stories, absorbing information, my mind couldn't help but wander. Paul was the main source of interest. It was no surprise that I confuse him. The fact that I'm not scared of him, the fact that I like him, but the thing that made my arms fill with goosebumps was how he had caught on to me not drinking alcohol. Whilst i could just tell him that I didn't feel like drinking, I feel like he would see straight through that lie. Don't get me wrong, I want to know about him and I want him to know about me, but moving here was supposed to be a new start. A new beginning. I didn't want my suppressed memories to resurface.

I also couldn't stop thinking about the very nervous Paul who had asked me out. As much as I had teased and 'tormented' him with my first answer, in reality, I had to stop myself from answering too quickly, not wanting to seem desperate.

PAUL POV

After the bonfire, I walked Elizabeth home. Although it wasn't far, I was most certainly not going to let her walk home in the dark alone.

We walked in a comfortable silence until we got to her door. I shoved my hands in my pockets and shifted my weight from foot to foot nervously.

"How does lunch tomorrow sound?"- Paul

I hated how nervous my voice came out. I don't know why I'm so nervous, she already agreed to a date.

"Sounds perfect"- Liz

And just like that, the tension left my shoulders as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Ok, good. Great. I'll come by around 12."- Paul

"Goodnight Paul"- Liz

She smiled at me, making my heart melt, before retreating into her house. I waited to hear it lock before turning on my heel, with a wide grin on my face, heading back to my house for the night.

ELIZABETH POV

When I got home, my aunt and uncle were already asleep. It was late and I had already done all my homework assignments for that week so I retired to my bed for the night.

That night I fell asleep easily, with a smile on my face.

The next morning, I got up, got some cereal for breakfast then went upstairs to pick an outfit for my date after being teased ridiculously by my aunt and uncle.

When I looked at my phone, like he had read my mind, I saw a text reading:
Cafe date, dress casual x

I felt my cheeks blush slightly when I read the 'x'.

It surprises me that Paul can make me blush by doing the littlest things without even realising it. I never blush. I never have. But with Paul, I can't help it. Even if I only ever blush slightly, it's the most it's ever happened.

I got dressed into a 'cute casual outfit' according to Sarah, my aunt, who helped me choose.

(Feel free to imagine a different outfit)

It was 11:54. I was starting to get nervous now.

Thoughts started to run through my head, too quick for me to actually catch any. You're going on a date with Paul Lahote.

The thoughts in my head left as soon as I opened the door to a nervously grinning Paul wearing jeans and a black top.

As I stepped out of the house, I heard Sarah speak, "have fun" before Darren, my uncle, added, "but not too much," with a smirk on his face.

"Bye," I elongated the 'e' in hopes to urge them inside. Once they had gone in, Paul opened the car door for me with a grin and I got in.

Once he was in the car himself he spoke, "you look beautiful," and there it was again. The butterflies fluttering around in my stomach as the blush crept its way onto my face.

"Don't look too bad yourself Lahote."

AN: hey besties. Just wanted to say I also have a 'Bucky Barnes X female character' MCU story if you like that. I'm also thinking about doing a Chris Evans story soon ish. Idk.