24. Content

Once the pack, plus Elizabeth, exited the water, they were met by Emily, who had just arrived moments prior, setting up some towels with two large baskets of bake goods and food keeping the towels from blowing away in the small breeze.

They made there way over slowly, with the exception of Sam who jogged towards Emily to lend a helping hand and Elizabeth who walked over at a quick pace smiling contently at her new friend, Emily. The boys were further behind, playfully shoving each other and Leah would be joining them in the next hour. Emily welcomed Lizzie over, handing her a towel to wrap around herself whilst her personal Lahote radiator was with the boys.

Throughout the afternoon, the boys would either be stuffing their faces with food, roughhousing, playing some kind of ball game or sitting with their imprints.

Jared had drove to pick up Kim and brought her to the beach, a few minutes after Leah had arrived and the four girls found themselves in comfortable conversation.

Sam was overlooking the exchange, smiling to himself, happy that the hotheaded boys' imprint was able to reconcile the relationship between his ex and his fiancé. He knew they would never be as close as once before but at least now, with the help of Elizabeth, Leah could be civil around Emily and, when Lizzie was present, even remotely friendly towards the girl. A part of him still, and always will, care for Leah, so seeing her genuinely smile and laugh again around the new girl made him happy. He knew not only how much it hurt himself that he had come between the girls, but also how much it had hurt Emily. He knew a part of her didn't want to get married until she had fixed things to a certain extent with Leah and now that things were good again, they can start planning properly.

Paul had also noticed the effect Lizzie had on not only himself but the rest of the pack. She had made a big impact on Leah. When in wolf form, Leah's thoughts were nowhere near as depressingly tormenting as they were when she first shifted. She didn't try to guilt trip Sam, or give Emily looks, she even tried to be happy for the pair, which was greatly appreciated seeing as it can't be easy to be constantly reminded how happy your ex is with their new partner.

He himself had never felt happier. She helped him in more ways than she'd ever know. That history project they shared? They got an 'A-' which happened to be the best grade he'd ever gotten. That physics test she helped him with? He not only passed but exceeded his predicted grade which led to avoiding punishment from his father. He hadn't told her about that which made him feel guilty. On their first date, she was honest with him and, even though he didn't lie, he was very vague about his 'dad'. No one knew. Not Jared. Not Sam. No one. He made sure to be extra careful keeping his thoughts well hidden from them whilst shifted. He thought he was weak, being unable to protect himself, and didn't want the pack finding out. The only reason he hadn't shifted on his dad was fear. His fear blocked his anger. When his fathers hand would meet Paul's face, he wouldn't shake or growl but he would freeze and almost cower into himself.
He didn't tell anyone when he was younger because he thought it was normal. Then, when he got a bit older and realised it was not okay, he didn't tell anyone because he feared the consequences that would follow. And now he was even older, and a shifter, he felt he couldn't tell anyone. By the time morning would come around his bruises would heal anyway, what was the point? No damage done, right?

As he had been lost in thought, he and Sam had been walking over to the girls. He hadn't realised his thought were making him shake until Sam nudged him in the arm, eyes filled with concern. Over the time Sam had gotten to know Paul he had noticed and learnt things. He had noticed something was up. He would always be rather eager take extra patrol, or extend his own patrols rather than go home. He would always willingly accept the offer to take over someone else's shift and he had started to grow worried. Though, he had also learnt that Paul wasn't one for 'opening up' and talking or sharing concerns and he knew, even if he asked, Paul would shrug it off.

Paul gave him a half convincing smile before striding over to his imprint and, after a moment of watching Paul, Sam did the same.

As soon as his eyes met Lizzie's, all bad thoughts were forgotten and replaced with her. As he easily placed himself next to her on the floor, wrapping his arms around her waist, she rested her head on his chest and her hands over his own.

LEAH POV

Kim and Jared had been lost in each other for a while now. I'm not even sure they are aware of their surroundings. We could be attacked by a group of vampires right this very second and they probably wouldn't bat an eye. It was similar with Sam and Emily. He walks over, litters kisses along her cheek, making sure to kiss every scar, before settling down next to her and whispering and cuddling to their hearts content. It's rather nauseating.

Then there's Lizzie and Paul. Paul strode over to Lizzie, making himself comfortable as he wrapped himself around her, kissing the top of her head once he was comfy. But, except for a smile full of love and admiration, she didn't let herself get completely and utterly lost in him or ignore everyone and everything around, including me. Instead, she kept her complete, undivided attention on me and what I had been telling her before the boys had come over.

I consider myself lucky to have met her when I did, in ways she'll never know, she saved me from the hole I was digging myself.

PAUL POV

Her small figure shook slightly as she laughed at something Leah said. Emily and Sam were now lost in each other, as were Kim and Jared. That was another thing to add to the long list of characteristics I love about Elizabeth. Even wrapped up in my arms, like the other couples, she did not forget about those around her. After sending me a smile, she had returned her gaze straight back to her friend. Her eyes fixed on Leah, listening wholeheartedly to her story whilst leaning into me.

I sigh contently knowing I'm right where I need to be. Knowing it doesn't matter what's going on at my house, the girl in my arms is my home.

AN: I'm starting to get writers block for this story, idk what to do with it apart from the pre written chapters, I'm thinking of posting all the chapters I've written and then ending the story. I'm aware not much has acc happened as in the twilight storyline but I'm losing motivation for this story. Idk.