First Day

You stepped into the airport terminal with the exaggerated swagger of a 70-year-old paraplegic. Akali was letting you lead her by the hand as she continued to jam out to your playlist with an earbud in. She had taken your phone as well.

Akali: So just understand nothing gets in my way, I can show you firsthand if you got something to say! If you're thinking you can hold me down, you better think twice~

Ahri: Y/N, Akali, over here!

Ahri waved to you from across the room; well, room wasn't the best word to describe the space. It was an atrium more than anything. She was standing with Evelynn and Kai'sa who looked. . . worse for wear. Evelynn's clothes looked like they had been stained by some yellow paste, and Kai'sa's face had been painted to resemble a circus clown.

You had to stifle your laughter as you led Akali toward the group, the girl still not really paying attention to her surroundings.

Some things never change.

It had been a full year since you had traveled. There was no real reason for you to do so since your family lived in the next city over, and work did not leave you with much time to make friends. So the last trip you made was the few months you spent in Germany two years back, though that turned out to be one of the worst mistakes of your life.

You shivered at the memory as you made it to the end of the football field that was an Incheon airport terminal.

Y/N: Kai'sa, I think you got something on your face, just on the cheek there.

She smirked slightly, grabbing her bag and swinging it over her shoulder as Ahri gestured for you all to follow her.

Kaisa: Yeah, this little girl was upset because she forgot her favorite clown doll back home. So I let her turn me into a clown with my makeup kit. Cheered her up, so. . . mission accomplished.

Akali: Awwww, that's so nice. You'd make such a good mom!

That seemed to put a spring in Kai'sa's step, and she walked a little taller. You did not know the group very well yet, but it was not a stretch to see Kai'sa as the mother figure. They seemed to have a weird group dynamic overall now that you thought about it.

Ahri was obviously the group leader; she had formed it after all and had the biggest following. She had a goal in mind for this group and wanted to see it through. But she could also be a bit immature, as shown by her mini freakout over your history with Hawk. Other than that, you didn't know a whole lot.

Evelynn's diva reputation seemed to be spot on. She had an aura of superiority when you met her, and her gaze was somewhat predatory at all times. But that could have been because of the yellow eyes. Her simultaneously sexy and terrifying yellow eyes. She also seemed to be a bit protective of Ahri. Didn't quite seem to have the highest opinion of Akali, but that might have been Akali's fault for playing herself down.

Kai'sa seemed like the most mature and straightforward of the group – almost reserved – but if she was willing to do this for a child and admit it then she must have a heart of gold.

Akali. . . well, Akali was a highly intelligent – if overcaffeinated – hummingbird of a woman that played herself down to fit in. She could rap about basically anything with ease because of said intellect. However, she did always have trouble with big words in English. She was the spitfire kid archetype. And, despite you not being fully supportive of her decision to come here after high school, you were very proud of her for becoming who she was today.

And here you were, the ghostwriter for a band singing in a language you did not even speak, making music in a genre you thought was passable at best. You could have turned them down easily. They really did not need you. In all honesty, it was probably more of a favor for Akali to bring you along. But you agreed. You agreed to come because you wanted to reconnect with your best friend. You agreed to come because you wanted to punch your stupid cousin in his stupid face. You agreed because. . . well, you had nothing else to do once your second draft was done.