The Bitch Came Back

K/DA looked at the object on the coffee table like it was a timebomb counting down to their demise. Hawk leaned back and took a long pull from his cigar. Akali was gripping your wrist so tight that you were certain it had drawn blood, but given the circumstances, you didn't blame her. You stared down at the object with the same trepidation as everyone else, expecting it to erupt and destroy you any second.

Evelynn: I could just destroy it. We could go on with our lives like nothing ever happened.

Hawk: That would be the wise decision.

You bit your lip and glanced at each face in the room. They were all glaring daggers. If the mere idea of it had caused this reaction, then it meant a few things. The first was that they obviously wanted to keep you safe, something you found very touching, like a pack of wolves shielding an injured cub from a bear. The second thing was that it established everyone in the room was on your side in this matter, even the ones that knew both involved parties – meaning Ahri, Hawk, and obviously Akali. The third and final thing this meant, was that what you were about to do was a very bad idea.

Akali: You're sure?

Y/N: I have to know. If I don't then it'll haunt me forever.

Kai'sa: You could just move on with your life. It would be the grownup thing to do. It'd spare everyone's feelings, especially a certain someone's.

She coughed and looked in Akali's direction. You lowered your head in shame. Akali released her grip and quickly covered your hands. You looked into her eyes and saw concern. It tore you up inside.

Akali: I don't have to worry. . . do I?

Y/N: Never. I'm here. I'm staying here. But I have to know what happened. I wasn't drunk, I know I wasn't drunk. Something happened to me that night.

Akali: Then I trust you.

Your girlfriend smiled her fakest, most reassuring smile. The phone on the table buzzed softly and quickly found a kunai dug into the wood directly next to it. Ahri grumbled about the table being expensive but no one responded to her. The room held its breath, no one went for the beeping device for a long moment. Eventually, Hawk swore and scooped up your phone.

Hawk: Noon tomorrow, small café by the water. She asked for Y/N, Akali, and myself. Said she'll explain everything once we get there. . . and. . . dear lord.

He turned the phone with a look of pure repulsion. Sona had put a small heart emoticon after the message.

Y/N: Fuck. She remembered my hatred of emojis. This is worse than I feared.

Akali: Sorry, are we going to ignore the fucking heart?!

Ahri: She sends hearts after most messages.

She pulled out her phone and found her last conversation with Sona, showing Akali that – indeed – there were hearts after each conversation ended. The only difference was that those were emoji-style hearts instead of emoticons.

Y/N: If she sent emojis then we would be in the clear. But since it's not. . .

Hawk: She still has feelings.

Akali: Cunt.

Kai'sa: Language.

Akali: Bite me.

You swiped your phone and texted back that you would all be there. It was a selfish move. You were putting Akali and yourself at risk by letting her speak her peace, but you had to know what happened that night. Sona had cut contact and you hadn't heard a word from her since, so that she would randomly pop up now was unsettling.