Truth: Part 2

Akali: This is Sexy Ninja to Stephen King, do you copy?

Oh dear god.

Y/N: We're not using those names.

You spoke into your phone and sighed.

Akali: I repeat, this is Seductive Shinobi. I have eyes on the targets! Do you copy, Neil Gaiman?

She was just trying to push your buttons at this point.

Y/N: I. . . I'm surprised you even know who that is. And yeah, I see them.

Akali: Rodger! Alluring Assassin moving in. Keep on overwatch, Patrick Rothfuss.

Y/N: Stop.

Akali: Fuck, did they see us? Are we compromised?

Y/N: No. I mean stop talking. You're hurting me.

Akali: What? You insecure 'bout being compared to better authors?

Y/N: Fuck you.

Akali: Please~

Y/N: I hate you.

Akali: You LOVE me.

Y/N: Wow, you're smug all of a sudden.

Akali: Cause I got what I wanted. My very own fantasy come to life~

Your heart totally didn't do a small leap at that. Now was not the time for this. You sat on a bench on a sidewalk not too far from the Aurelion. It was cold and wet, but you tolerated it. Though, it would be much preferable to be back at home with a cup of hot cocoa. Through the large window on the east side, you saw an oddly off-putting scene.

Luther, Lucia, Evelynn, Ahri, and Kai'sa were all sitting around a table. They were eating a variety of foods- from squid to chicken to fries- and talking. The most unsettling part of the scene was that they were laughing, all of them. Ahri and Kai'sa hadn't been there more than twenty minutes, and yet they were looking at and talking to the strange duo like they were old friends. Evelynn looked perfectly comfortable.

There was no rational explanation for this behavior. Either they had all gone insane, or Lucia had done some strange mind control vampire thing to them. Your money was on the ladder.  Although you weren't sure how anything could affect a demon's mind. Demons outranked vampires on the evil power scale, right? That was probably how it worked. God, life got complicated.

Akali: I'm loaded up on stakes. Just say the word and I'll shank the bitch.

To your surprise, you saw the slight form of Akali hanging from the ceiling, her black form barely noticeable against the star-filled backdrop. Impressive.

It was a good plan. Akali would attack Lucia with holy water, stakes, and garlic. At least one of those things was sure to work, right? The holy water had come from Eve's room. She had a small bottle of it labeled, 'for emergencies' whatever that meant. Once she was down, Akali and the girls could eliminate Luther. . . probably. . . hopefully. . . alright, maybe. You still had no idea what his deal was.

It was a good plan. It would work. But. . . there was something picking at the back of your mind. Why would they bother having dinner with Evelynn? You had never seen that particular dress on Eve before so she had either bought it or they lent it to her. They went to a lot of trouble for this. And why would they have let themselves be outnumbered by the fox spirit, the demon, and the void girl? Surely they didn't think they could take them all. From a tactical perspective, this was stupid.

That led you to another thought. What if this was all a misunderstanding? What if they actually meant Eve no harm? It was possible. It was plausible. You had to check. Luther told you to give her the benefit of the doubt, so maybe he was doing the same.